Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Ohio Reef Aquarists (CORA) (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   coralsplus.com (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287379)

dew2loud1 01/06/2008 02:24 PM

coralsplus.com

Hi,
Just wanted to pass this site along, I've ordered a lot of things from them and I've yet to find anyone even close to their prices. The best part is shipping is only 8 bucks since they are out of michigan they can ship same day ground.

14 day fish guarantee, 30 day guarantee on their aquacultured corals is hard to beat.

Many of their prices on fish are actually only 10-20% above wholesale, and with a guarantee......

It looks like they have a special now through tuesday thats 15% off everything,

all I can say is mystery wrasse for $90 after discount
achilles for $40

Exquisite wrasse for less than $40,

All fish I've gotten from them have done extremely well. And I just placed a really big order

lakee911 01/06/2008 02:55 PM

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the link. :)

exxcaliber2k 01/06/2008 06:15 PM

$7.50 to ship next day air to mansfield. their prices are very competative. I am definately going to try this place out.

lakee911 01/06/2008 08:34 PM

I was going to order some clean up crew and then I thought about that faux nassarious snails going around.... I should probably just stick to Phishy....

cl2ysta1 01/06/2008 09:09 PM

we have gotten cleaner crews from them. no problem

dew2loud1 01/06/2008 09:37 PM

columbus is still in the 7.50 zone as well, we had stuff shipped there last year

Jeepman3sk 01/07/2008 09:02 AM

Thanks for the heads up about this place. I think I'm going to put na orderin this week from them. :D

cl2ysta1 01/07/2008 09:28 AM

dont forget the 15 percent off sale ends today!

axia55 01/07/2008 11:11 AM

Wow that is a great deal on shipping, plus they have ton of items in stock. I think I am going to try and place an order for a few things.

Norm R 01/07/2008 12:05 PM

This may be isolated but it looks like this person had a pretty bad experience recently....

[url]http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1281649&highlight=coralsplus.com[/url]

dew2loud1, let us know how your big order goes.

Jeepman3sk 01/07/2008 12:15 PM

Has anyone had good experience with them?

dew2loud1 01/07/2008 01:49 PM

Man, thats not what i want to see especially with my next order being shipped to utah, not ohio.....

I've ordered about 6 fish from them, I've had some concerns as far as a fish coming in different sizes than ordered, medium naso came in pretty big about 4" for $20 and my favorite fish for a long time,

I ordered a 10" female naso for $60 that rips nori from my fingers every morning.

I will say sometimes they are hard to get ahold of but they have always made things right, when a fish came in smaller than what I ordered they immediately credited me the money, when I've received the wrong fish/inverts they've let me keep the fish and refunded the money.

So I guess, whenever i've ordered online which has been restricted to this place and saltwaterfish, i almost expect some problems and I rate the company on how they solve my concerns and they have always been a no questions asked store credit or on one occasion a completely new order was shipped free of charge.

thats my .02,

My order ships out tomorrow, so it should be in utah by wednesday,

My deciding factor was that their prices are just barely over what I can order wholesale for several fish I ordered, when i order wholesale I don't even have an alive arrive guarantee unless I lose more than 30% of the order. With a 14 day guarantee if they can get the fish to me alive, I can get them acclimated and eating within that period, I'm not guaranteed that at most LFS's.

As far as them shipping here to central ohio I'm not too worried because on my last order they shipped it out at 8pm UPS and it was in marion by 6am, unfortunately the ups truck drove around for it for 12 HOURS, and didn't deliver it to me until 8 pm, but next time I'll just pick up at the office.

Personally I gave them a try because cheap prices and cheap shipping, not the free shipping, with a $10 box charge and $10 fuel surcharge which doesn't end up being too free.....

I'll let you know how the order comes in and anyone else that orders fill me in as well...
thanks

RokleM 01/07/2008 01:52 PM

I was looking at a few things on there. Prices seem ok, but a number of errors on the site. One of which is knowing what a male and female lyretail anthias looks like. I haven't seen many good reviews in my searching either. I think I'll avoid it for now until I hear a ton of outstanding feedback, but that's just me. Hopefully you guys have some luck (especially if it ships NOW since it's warm).

dew2loud1 01/07/2008 02:03 PM

well, we'll see i ordered
a scotts, mystery and exquisite wrasse and paid less for all of them than i would for just a mystery wrasse anywhere local, so for me it was worth the gamble, also they could actually get an achilles, tennenti, and chocolate tang all of which I couldn't find all together from single place before......big gamble since this is the biggest fish order I've ever made but after hand picking fish from LA, that seemed great and having them crash within 8 hours when everything else has been fine this was my choice, selection out there is somewhat limited,

axia55 01/07/2008 02:26 PM

So from what I am reading its sounds like its a bit of a gamble. At least shipping is only $7.50 compared to $30-40 at most online stores.

cl2ysta1 01/07/2008 03:07 PM

we'll let you know how this goes shipping it all the way to utah

mrwilson 01/07/2008 05:51 PM

You know, I'm beginning to think that ordering fish from virtually any online source is a bit of a gamble. I've ordered twice from liveaquaria.com, which is what most people would say is just about the gold standard of online livestock sources. The first order was spot-on, with very healthy inhabitants. The second order came with all sickly-looking fish (and one completely wrong fish), each of which died within three days of arrival. So it seems like bad results can occur even from the best online sources. I think that what matters most is how the vendor handles it when something does go wrong. I will say that in the case of liveaquaria, they handled it very professionally, and I came away from the experience as a reasonably satisfied customer who would order from them again. Sounds like with coralsplus, at least for cl2ysta1 and dew2loud1, they has made it right with them when things haven't been perfect.

haggarse 01/07/2008 06:20 PM

I think it's safe to say we are lucky to have the quality of stores we do here in Columbus!

geo 01/07/2008 07:14 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11544105#post11544105 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by haggarse [/i]
[B]I think it's safe to say we are lucky to have the quality of stores we do here in Columbus! [/B][/QUOTE]

Bingo

cl2ysta1 01/08/2008 12:18 AM

try living in utah where there is like nothing. It really stinks. I miss ohio. we really do have quality everything. cheap salt (salt here cost 70 bux for IO), extremely nice livestock (the closest store i can get quality livestock from is all the way up in salt lake 4.5 hours, and corals are also all the way up in salt lake. along with the hefty prices everything seems to have out here. which really doesnt make sense on livestock considering its only coming from one state away

lakee911 01/08/2008 07:13 AM

Move back :)

cl2ysta1 01/08/2008 09:37 AM

haha! i would if there was a career job there for me. working in the wildlife field is rough. very few job openings. which is why i moved to utah... .for a job

lakee911 01/08/2008 12:26 PM

Job shmob...

;)

Jeepman3sk 01/11/2008 10:26 PM

I'm going to try this place out. I'm going to only order like $30 worth of stuff so if it doesn't work out its not a huge lost. I can not see myself paying $12 for 3 fricken blue leg crabs etc. And I do not have the time right now to head but to salty. However, if anyone would like to order stuff let me know. I will be having it delivered on Friday the 18th.