Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best show on Dish/Cable (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525842)

pnosko 02/11/2005 12:50 AM

Best show on Dish/Cable

Hands-down, it is MXC! I'm glued to the TV every time it comes on. I can't get enough of this stupidity, and laugh so hard I end up crying.

beerguy 02/11/2005 12:53 AM

LOL - I'm surprised at you Pete. I'd expect you to be above that sort of thing.

(off the record, I have my tivo set to record them all. My favorite "game" is the horse races; not a blood-free shin in the lot).

Bungle 02/11/2005 12:55 AM

Anything on INHD to the Max on cable. Lotsa good stuff on these channels.

bulldog12 02/11/2005 01:08 AM

Re: Best show on Dish/Cable

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pnosko [/i]
[B]Hands-down, it is MXC! I'm glued to the TV every time it comes on. I can't get enough of this stupidity, and laugh so hard I end up crying. [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't know you had a sense of humor. :lol: :lol: Glad to see you do. ;)

aLittletank 02/11/2005 01:59 AM

never heard of MXC,

Battle Star Galactica (Fridays on SCFI channel) is the only show I will not miss or tape if I do.

hnf2k 02/11/2005 04:08 AM

seinfeld, simpsons, family guy, south park. that is all my tivo is filled with.

pnosko 02/11/2005 09:15 AM

Well, I suprised two people in the last 12 hours. It's going to be a good day.

Jamesurq 02/11/2005 10:07 AM

MXC - yeah it's funny because you have to wonder what the original dialog was.

Reminds me of a British show they had when I was growing up "It's a Knockout" was basically the same thing but on a grander scale. Lots of people doing stupid stunts, falling down, etc...

The announcer on that show had this infectious giggle.. I can still hear it rining in my ears...

dc 02/11/2005 10:50 AM

I've never seen it, is it on Spike? I don't have a favorite. Do like the Sci fi. Then there's in the Kitchen with Bob, on Sundays on QVC. I might be spending too much money there, they sent me a birthday card this year!:lol:

NHReeftank 02/11/2005 03:16 PM

Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, anything on Discovery/History/Nat. Geo.

Oh and British TV, Trailer Park Boys
On BBC Thursdays at 9

wilson_the_volleybal 02/11/2005 07:40 PM

Simpsons and CSI: Las Vegas(original one)

der_wille_zur_macht 02/11/2005 07:52 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dc [/i]
[B]I've never seen it, is it on Spike? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep. Used to be "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" but they officially changed the name a season or two ago.

Anyone that likes it should check out Hey Spring of Trivia as well. "Real" dialogue, but the same crazy Japanese take on humor.

I don't know if I could pick a single favorite show. I like a lot of the stuff on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, but I hardly ever stay up that late.

hnf2k 02/11/2005 08:44 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NHReeftank [/i]
[B]Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, anything on Discovery/History/Nat. Geo.

Oh and British TV, Trailer Park Boys
On BBC Thursdays at 9 [/B][/QUOTE]

TPB!!!!!!! i can't believe i just saw someone else on this forum watches that show.
although, if discussion on the show goes further im sure this thread will get closed.

Jamesurq 02/11/2005 09:36 PM

sorry guys - watched like 20 minutes of that show and couldn't bear it any more. Brits trying to pretend to be southern white trash is a little too close to home... ;)

reefdood 02/11/2005 09:40 PM

I miss my satellite. :( Stupid football card.

hnf2k 02/11/2005 09:42 PM

you can't appreciate the brilliance, watch more.

Scarlett 02/11/2005 09:56 PM

We just had our Dish Network satellite installed today; ditching Comcast Cable, too much money. Now we have to relearn the channels!

Favs, hmm? Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, MXC. I used to like American Choppers, but my hubby watches EVERY rerun. But I do still have a crush on Paul, Sr.

dc 02/11/2005 11:13 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Scarlett [/i]
[B] I used to like American Choppers, but my hubby watches EVERY rerun. But I do still have a crush on Paul, Sr. [/B][/QUOTE]

:eek1: He's about an ornery cuss isn't he? We usually start watching something else when repeats go on too long. We won't watch them twice.:D

beerguy 02/11/2005 11:13 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jamesurq [/i]
[B]sorry guys - watched like 20 minutes of that show and couldn't bear it any more. Brits trying to pretend to be southern white trash is a little too close to home... ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

It's actually a Canadian show....watch the credits.

Jamesurq 02/11/2005 11:22 PM

wow - Their pseudosouthern accents are so bad I just assumed they were from the UK...

pnosko 02/12/2005 11:02 AM

American Choppers: I like it a [b]lot[/b]. But I've noticed a real irritating trend that drives me crazy. From this show, to CSI, to Extreme Makeover and countless other shows-- why must they fake such a high level of antagonism between the characters. It's like they're trying to genetically implant stress in what would otherwise be a great show. Some amount would be natural, but these shows go way beyond natural. For once, I'd like to see a cool bike built without a tantrum being thrown about.

Sierra 02/12/2005 11:15 AM

Carnivale - HBO

JonK 02/12/2005 12:30 PM

Chappelle's Show has got to be one of the funniest shows ever. By far my favorite show.