Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   xbenx92713 is selling broken items (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971440)

rockdiver 11/13/2006 12:15 AM

xbenx92713 is selling broken items

Bought a 1" sea swirl from xbenx92713 and after wondering if I was going to get it finally got it minus the mounting bracket!!kind upset about that.... pluged it in and it rotated one direction then started clicking when it tried to go back the other way!!! Let xbenx92713 know this and he said thats impossible in the mean time E-Mailed sea swirl with the problem they got back to me within less then a day and said it was a damaged gear nothing that shipping could have done.
Let xbenx92713 know and asked what he would do about it PM'ed him so I know he got it tracking and all...........also said I would give him till Saturday to respond or I would post here on RC. Well its Sunday night (after a great Bears game lol)
Have not heard a thing back from him!!!!!!!!!
xbenx92713 if you read this you know all is true so no excuses this time (I have read other posts with lots of excuses)
Everyone else dont buy from this seller
RC with as many bad feedbacks I think you should step in.
rockdiver

Bono 11/13/2006 06:58 AM

I was going to buy a top off from him but bailed out after reading his negative feedback. For the next 2 days he PM'ed me and asked me to call him several times almost begging me to purchase the item and saying he had corrected all the past problems.

Mod's can we get him "Moved on" or at least stop him from selling as this has happened at least 5 times.

Zoom 11/14/2006 01:25 AM

Re: xbenx92713 is selling broken items

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8533496#post8533496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rockdiver [/i]
[B]
RC with as many bad feedbacks I think you should step in.
rockdiver [/B][/QUOTE]
Why you buy thing from him if you know he has bad feed backs ?????:confused:

Blocka 11/14/2006 07:34 AM

He is a member at Michiganreefers.com and is on there quite often under the same name,he is local around here in michigan, but has not been selling anythign lately, so my guess is because of it not in good shape or why wouldnt he sell it local

Stoney Mahony 11/14/2006 09:54 AM

This guy has got to win an award for ticking off the most RC buyers. Every week im on here there is something else negative
about him.

rockdiver 11/14/2006 04:57 PM

Dont know why i bought from him...........even after this post still no contact with him .....what a loser....should be banned

hooked82 11/14/2006 06:01 PM

That sucks man, I had a problem with a guy (windgod) and he gave me nothing but trouble. Ended up talking to another guy that he screwed. Some lame people on this place, just watch out. Oh and if you need a replacement motor for that sea swirl heres the oem motor they use: Autotrol 1 rpm -Model 150-1308 (Sea-Swirl Oem Motor) hope that helps

rockdiver 11/15/2006 07:04 AM

Thanks

rykwong 11/15/2006 09:49 PM

I just got screwed too over this guy on a damn $35 Seio pump! DO NOT BUY anything from this guy. I allowed him to fix the problem...TWICE! I've been very patient and STILL get screwed. If I got sent a broken pump/missing pieces, how do I get my money back from paypal? Thanks!

Richard

smiller 11/16/2006 05:30 AM

I had a discussion with him and asked him to address the problems here. I can't say if that will or won't be done, but he is aware of this thread. He has been told to refrain from selling on RC in the future. If anyone sees him attempt to sell or trade anything please let me know or report the post.

smiller 11/16/2006 04:24 PM

BTW.....this is not normal proceedure on Reef Central. We aren't eBay and don't want to get between buyer and seller. For the most part it is up to buyers to research Feedback forums before they make a purchase. It is up to you to work through a bad deal. This was an exception due to the large amount of complaints in a short period of time.

Jay4Robin 11/16/2006 05:24 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8561117#post8561117 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by smiller [/i]
[B]BTW.....this is not normal proceedure on Reef Central. We aren't eBay and don't want to get between buyer and seller. For the most part it is up to buyers to research Feedback forums before they make a purchase. It is up to you to work through a bad deal. This was an exception due to the large amount of complaints in a short period of time. [/B][/QUOTE]

:D AAAAA++++++ Thats great to see Mods helping.

rykwong 11/19/2006 03:34 AM

I am trying to get ahold of this seller to fix some issues. Did the mods turn off his ability to accept pms or did he turn it off himself? How can I contact him? Thanks!

Hopeful Reefer 11/19/2006 10:30 AM

For those of you who used PayPal, they do have a dispute process...in a nut shell, if you have a problem with a seller and you have tried to address it...you can start a dispute with PayPal...they will eventually (within 30 days I think) take the money back from the person you bought from and that person can't stop them...you get your money back easier this way than continually trying to beat your head against a brick wall trying to get this guy to do it...

HTH...

smiller 11/19/2006 12:33 PM

[email]xbenx927@charter.net[/email]

rykwong 11/22/2006 05:36 PM

What can I do if he sent me a pump and a part is broken/I can't use this pump? Can I somehow get my money back?

J_Geisinger000 12/01/2006 10:16 AM

its not that easy getting money back through paypal
Ive tried

J_Geisinger000 12/01/2006 10:17 AM

hte only way they can hold money from the seller is if they have funds in there paypal account

they cant just take money fom another personl account

Hopeful Reefer 12/01/2006 11:22 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8656549#post8656549 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by J_Geisinger000 [/i]
[B]hte only way they can hold money from the seller is if they have funds in there paypal account

they cant just take money fom another personl account [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually they can...for money deposited in to someone elses account electronically, federal banking law allows the depositing institution (PayPal in this case) to retrieve the funds electronically when the error is caught...even if this causes the other person's account to go negative they have the right to do it legally...if a dispute is filed through PayPal and the buyers wins, seller doesn't dispute, or whatever, this is considered under the same law...so, PayPal can at any time take money from you that they sent to you if they have can justify their reason...you just have to jump through all of the hoops to get it back...I know this because I worked in the finance industry for over 5 years at the supervisory level...

Hope that helps...I'm going through something similar right now, but I didn't use PayPal and paid cash...I got the item and realize it had problems...wish I would have used PayPal for the dispute process...let that be a lesson to all... :sad2:

rockdiver 12/01/2006 11:36 PM

I tried to get my money back from paypal and this is what they sent me:
Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
[profanity]
rockdiver

rykwong 12/01/2006 11:38 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8661808#post8661808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rockdiver [/i]
[B]I tried to get my money back from paypal and this is what they sent me:
Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
[profanity]
rockdiver [/B][/QUOTE]

rockdiver 12/02/2006 09:32 PM

Well I dont know either BUT I do know thats twice now here on RC so maybe no more buying from these guys but the first time was before they had this forum