Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mantis Shrimp (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   The Continuing Adventures of Tim (Supermantis) (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266915)

tush 09/19/2007 02:29 PM

we (my whole office) and I wanted to express our condolences - and to thank you for the laughter in the afternoons you and tim brought us. I started reading this thread about a month ago, and it became an office afternoon event - these are people that didnt know the first thing about saltwater reefs and tanks, let alone mantis! some of them have become devout readers of this site, and one has actually started his own tank... so again...a great big hug and thank you....

PhilliePhil 09/19/2007 06:17 PM

Densityman, I was never made aware of the trials, tribulations and cracked shells of Tim until this afternoon. I stumbled upon this story, a tale of the greatest mantis whoever lived, and was truly saddened to see that he passed away.

Please accept my condolences and know that we are all cracking a cerith shell in rememberance of the great Tim.

Ladipyg 09/25/2007 10:38 PM

One of my favorite threads, ever...I would love to see DM take this story to a cartooner and make a movie of the Great Tim...I'd buy the DVD in a heart beat...anyone else?

DM, Tim will never be forgotten, nor will you...thank you for so many great days...

HeyLookItsCaps 10/23/2007 05:19 PM

is it bad that i actually teared up a little after reading this? i felt like i was family

sbwood007 10/23/2007 07:35 PM

R.I.P. Tim

dismalorb 10/26/2007 11:20 AM

DensityMan,

You really should consider finding one of Tim's descendants... You're going to have rioting Reef Central fans any day now, I can feel the pressure building. :)

When I first started reading your posts, I knew it was a great read, I just had no idea the reaction you'd get from Tim's antics. Definitely one of the best RC threads EVER posted!

All HAIL Tim, god of destruction and misanthropy!

sltpro-07 10/26/2007 10:29 PM

i just read the whole thread....Tim died!?!?!?!?!?!

I just read a novel...
im about to drown in my tears.....The thread had it humor and it had its downsides.......

My whole family wishes Tim and its Family our deepest condolences...

:( :(

biomekanic 10/29/2007 05:59 PM

DM,
As a fellow mantis keeper and gamer nerd, my deepest sympathies. Tim will be missed by me and mine, who all enjoyed his grudging acceptance that we got to live, as long we kept proding you to offer him more vic... treats.

I'll be sure and raise a toast to him tonight when I get home.

bristle 10/30/2007 09:18 PM

That was the most entertaining thread about a shrimp I have ever read.

super stooge 11/11/2007 02:16 AM

[QUOTE]That was the most entertaining thread about a shrimp I have ever read[/QUOTE]

that was the most entertaining thread about anything i have ever read

R.I.P tim the terrible :(

vareefer4life 11/12/2007 09:09 AM

R.I.P. Tim, we are going to miss you!

Kanicky 11/13/2007 12:54 PM

:( Really sorry to hear about Tim, but at least [i]he[/i] got to enjoy [i]you[/i] for a few years.

I now have a Mantis of my own, thanks to this thread about Tim.

May Milton the Mantis have as many adventures as Tim did.

RIP.

Chef Reef 01/06/2008 12:51 PM

Wow. i just found his thread today and have just sat here and read the whole thing. Tim seemed great, to bad he he never got to fight a dwarf octo (mentioned somewhere in the middle of this thread) :) he will be missed.