Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Things that annoy you... (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297139)

Lionfish01 01/10/2004 10:04 PM

Things that annoy you...

Post some of the things that annoy you.

Coral Dilema 01/10/2004 10:17 PM

That thing I have to do for 8 hours a day in order to buy equipment for my reef.

Whisperer 01/10/2004 10:20 PM

When my beeper goes off while I'm browsing this BB!!!

bmcelhinn 01/10/2004 10:40 PM

When people try to make new fun and "original" threads that people will respond to. When they really suck.

Oh, I mean.... Sarcasm.

aquaman67 01/10/2004 10:40 PM

We're sorry, the search feature has been temporarily disabled due to high server load...

MarkS 01/10/2004 10:45 PM

BrianD. 'Nuff said!

Coral Dilema 01/10/2004 10:53 PM

Being so drunk you put the cigarette in your mouth backwards and dont figure out what you have done until you have smoked all of the filter and half of the cigarette. . . . . . I dont smoke anymore.

Tat2dBrownDude 01/10/2004 10:56 PM

Beer that has "light" in the name. Might as well just drink ro/di water.

grostanzo 01/10/2004 11:59 PM

Liars and the stupid blinking clock on the VCR.

Tahoe Ocean 01/11/2004 12:10 AM

grostanzo: that is the only reason I had to figure out how to work it in the first place. I had to stop the blinking!

I hate how my husband forgets to turn off the blinker when he changes lanes. He's too young to do that!

Q-ball 01/11/2004 12:29 AM

People like MarkS who steal my reply! :lol:

Myladyfish 01/11/2004 01:23 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MarkS [/i]
[B]BrianD. 'Nuff said! [/B][/QUOTE]

would you mind sharing the story with us?

Myladyfish 01/11/2004 01:30 AM

i would say the thing that annoys me the most at my age now is the thing that brigns me the most joy: trying to finish a school assignment that's due the next day... and finishing it in one day!!! :) hehe :)

Freed 01/11/2004 01:55 AM

Women who don't put the seat up. Freed

cryosphere 01/11/2004 01:59 AM

Those people in the malls that stand and yap right in the middle of the aisle so no one can pass.

Freed 01/11/2004 02:02 AM

People that slow down or stop at an intersection when the yield or the stop sign is from the other direction. Freed

Freed 01/11/2004 02:03 AM

Putting the sound of squealing tires on wet pavement or gravel roads in a movie scene. Freed

MarkS 01/11/2004 07:07 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Q-ball [/i]
[B]People like MarkS who steal my reply! :lol: [/B][/QUOTE]

It's OK, we can share!

Coral Dilema 01/11/2004 07:28 AM

People who want to run 55 on a 70 mph, 4 lane highway, and insist on all driving beside each other so NO ONE can get around them.

The thing that annoys me more that that is the cops that will not pull these people over, but will follow them for miles . . . . for those that dont know, if you are in the left lane of a multilane highway and someone comes up behind you and wants to go around you, you must yield the lane to them, regardless of what the speed limit is and how fast you/they are going. In other words, Slower traffic keep right, this doesnt apply just to hills.

emilye2 01/11/2004 07:29 AM

[QUOTE]Those people in the malls that stand and yap right in the middle of the aisle so no one can pass.[/QUOTE]

YES!!! one of my biggest! Or those people who come out of a store and stop right in front of you trying to decide which way to go!

People who drive on the four-lane and can't pay attention to their speed or learn how to use the *$%^@& cruise control!!!! I don't care if you want to go 50 in the right lane just don't bloody well step on it when I go past you at 70 because you all of a sudden have managed to pull your head out of.....the clouds! :mad:

Sloth 01/11/2004 11:13 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Freed [/i]
[B]Putting the sound of squealing tires on wet pavement or gravel roads in a movie scene. Freed [/B][/QUOTE]
I thought I was the only one! I can't stand when you're watching a car chase from a helicopter on TV and you hear tires squeeling across someone's lawn. And then they have that fake narator that acts like he's there in the helicopter when its happening. But its the same voice in every clip.

I hate: OHIO DRIVERS.

Sloth 01/11/2004 11:14 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Freed [/i]
[B]Putting the sound of squealing tires on wet pavement or gravel roads in a movie scene. Freed [/B][/QUOTE]
I thought I was the only one! I can't stand when you're watching a car chase from a helicopter on TV and you hear tires squeeling across someone's lawn. And then they have that fake narator that acts like he's there in the helicopter when its happening. But its the same voice in every clip.

I hate: People that pull up next to you in the left turn lane, and then cut you off and go straight when the light turns green. Happened to me 5 times in 4 months at the same intersection.

bradwent 01/11/2004 11:32 AM

Oregon drivers!

Oregon drivers who think they can drive on snow/ice!!

People who do not discipline their kids!!!

And, yes I do have kids in the house.

Freed 01/11/2004 01:03 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Coral Dilema [/i]
[B]
for those that dont know, if you are in the left lane of a multilane highway and someone comes up behind you and wants to go around you, you must yield the lane to them, regardless of what the speed limit is and how fast you/they are going. In other words, Slower traffic keep right, this doesnt apply just to hills. [/B][/QUOTE]

Mine too, if I am coming up behind you in the left (PASSING) lane then you need to get the he33 out of my way. I believe it states this in the BMV manual. Freed

Freed 01/11/2004 01:04 PM

If someone is coming from an onramp and there is a YIELD sign on the ramp and they just merge without even YIELDING to traffic. Freed