Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wisconsin - Fox Valley Reefers Club (FVRC) (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   Mystery Frag Swap (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1291446)

labrec06 01/11/2008 11:38 AM

Mystery Frag Swap

help me decide on the frag swap
please vote with the meeting about a week away we need to come up with some rules
lol dan i guess the rules would be

1.item needs to fit in a lunch bag

2. please label the type of coral (hard, soft,polyp) so that we make sure that it will thrive in the tank it is put in

3. i would like everyones .02 cents and i would like a list of off limit things thats where the poll comes in and if you can come up with any other rules that would help!!

siropa 01/11/2008 11:48 AM

i'd say no: green star polyps, kenya tree, browned out digita.

Is there going to be enough people interested in this to have so many categories? Maybe a better poll question to first have would be:

Are you coming to the meet and planning on bringing a frag of some kind for a mystery swap?
Yes
No

labrec06 01/11/2008 11:54 AM

THATS A GOOD IDEA
I JUST WANTED YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT YOU CAN VOTE FOR ONE OR MORE OPTIONS I WILL TAKE THE HIGHEST ONE TO THREE CHOICES DEPENDING ON THE POLL AND WE WILL GO FROM THERE

[COLOR=darkblue]Are you coming to the meet and planning on bringing a frag of some kind for a mystery swap?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]YES or NO[/COLOR]

Bri Guy 01/11/2008 12:09 PM

Yes im coming, will bring a shroom or zoas.

Ill add, No xenia, anthellia, or brown/green button polyps.

I may end up giving what I get in trade away, space is getting limited, and reserved for only those that fit the bill :)

labrec06 01/11/2008 12:18 PM

WHAT IF WE DID IT LIKE A WHITE ELEPHANT GIFT EXCHANGE??? ANY THOUGHTS??? YOU COULD STEAL AND WELL IT MIGHT BE TONS OF FUN

siropa 01/11/2008 12:19 PM

I think i've got an sps i'll bring.

good adds bri guy on the no-no list.

labrec06 01/11/2008 12:39 PM

ok here's what my thoughts are every one can bring a frag in a plastic bag then in a paper bag we will start by drawing numbers then #1 will draw a bag open it up and then draw another number from the bucket (ie 5) number 5 will then chose #1 's frag or chose another bag if he choses number 1 then 1 will pick a new bag ? what do you think?

daddavis1 01/11/2008 12:44 PM

I've got a nice SPS to bring also. However Bri Guy brings up a good point. Chances are quite good we may end up with something we already have and don't need more of.

Even with the infamous white elephant someone usually will want something someone else received instead of what they have and more trading happens after the event.

Dan

labrec06 01/11/2008 12:52 PM

that would be fine so how does the white elephant sound to everyone???

siropa 01/11/2008 12:53 PM

I say we keep it a simple swap. can draw numbers for order to pick, but then that is it. after they are opened people can self trade away. because like Dan and bri guy have said, there is lots I wouldn't want as well.

labrec06 01/11/2008 12:55 PM

all right

lostdragon 01/12/2008 03:35 AM

can we bring more then one or are we just going for one. iwas going to bring sps and maybe zoas.