Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anemones & Clownfish (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Host for False percula clowns (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1157728)

dww 07/07/2007 10:24 AM

Host for False percula clowns

I would like to know. Whom has success with which anemone with there clowns fish?
I don’t want to have a tank full of anemones while trying to find one my clowns will host.

[IMG]http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/159624new_addition2.JPG[/IMG]

dww 07/07/2007 08:04 PM

I Apologize for imposing my questing on you guys.
Thanks
Donna

Slakker 07/07/2007 08:55 PM

Read the FAQ...it lists their natural hosting species.

However, you'd have an easier time with if you were to just get a BTA and have the patience to wait for them to host it. They may go to it right away, or they may not.

There are no guarantees when it comes to clowns and anemones. You may be better off with Xenia of Frogspawn...both are known to be hosted by clowns from time to time.

dww 07/08/2007 08:06 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10293129#post10293129 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Slakker [/i]
[B]Read the FAQ...it lists their natural hosting species.

However, you'd have an easier time with if you were to just get a BTA and have the patience to wait for them to host it. They may go to it right away, or they may not.

There are no guarantees when it comes to clowns and anemones. You may be better off with Xenia of Frogspawn...both are known to be hosted by clowns from time to time. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have all the patience in the world:D I thank you for the info, and will let you know how/ what they do..

Thanks much
Donna

ccorpse27 07/08/2007 08:31 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10292871#post10292871 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dww [/i]
[B]I Apologize for imposing my questing on you guys.
Thanks
Donna [/B][/QUOTE]

Why would you apologize for asking a question on a forum? Anyway, these fish will host just about anything. My smaller clown sometimes hosts a big clump of zoos and I just recently added a green bubble tip anemone which they both will hopefully find to their liking.

dww 07/08/2007 10:25 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10295270#post10295270 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ccorpse27 [/i]
[B]Why would you apologize for asking a question on a forum? Anyway, these fish will host just about anything. My smaller clown sometimes hosts a big clump of zoos and I just recently added a green bubble tip anemone which they both will hopefully find to their liking. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have a purple condy. last night it looked light they were interested in it, I guess I will have to see what happens.

Thanks
Donna

ccorpse27 07/08/2007 10:28 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10295803#post10295803 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dww [/i]
[B]I have a purple condy. last night it looked light they were interested in it, I guess I will have to see what happens.

Thanks
Donna [/B][/QUOTE]

Donna i'd just sit tight and see what happens. My smaller clown was hosting a lta in the pet store but when I brought him home it took him a while to host anything again.

Slakker 07/08/2007 11:13 AM

Actually, I'd remove the Condy. They've been known to eat clowns while they're sleeping in them.

dww 07/08/2007 03:39 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10295816#post10295816 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ccorpse27 [/i]
[B]Donna i'd just sit tight and see what happens. My smaller clown was hosting a lta in the pet store but when I brought him home it took him a while to host anything again. [/B][/QUOTE]

I did just get them, and it could be they need to get use to there new home..
thanks
Donna

dww 07/08/2007 03:47 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10296030#post10296030 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Slakker [/i]
[B]Actually, I'd remove the Condy. They've been known to eat clowns while they're sleeping in them. [/B][/QUOTE]

:eek: That’s interesting to know. I did not buy the Condy for the clowns to host. The guy i got the clowns from, he just happen to have the Condy and I took it too.

Thanks
Donna