Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   SPStoner has $300.00 for almost 2 months and won't send my corals or reply! (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1056349)

MarksReef 03/13/2007 09:51 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9464061#post9464061 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by krzyphsygy [/i]
[B][profanity] [/B][/QUOTE]
Thats a good way to get a thread closed.
[url]http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=641659[/url]

Jay4Robin 03/13/2007 03:26 PM

I agree. please control your emotions!!!!
I am sure Tony has been contacted some how some way lets wait and see.

krzyphsygy 03/13/2007 05:29 PM

Sorry.....I do not want that. it just makes me sick!

leeweber85 03/13/2007 05:40 PM

Dude, file a claim with paypal.... I'm pretty sure you get 60 days after the payment was sent. If he doesn't reply or provide any proof that he sent you anything then the money is refunded. Get on it before it's too late.

HookedOnCoral 03/13/2007 11:14 PM

Keep us updated please.

fade2black 03/14/2007 11:42 AM

I know I still have not heard from him......

Al G Blenny 03/14/2007 08:32 PM

I feel for you. On the other hand I have dealt with Tony a couple of times in the past and he is a great guy to work with in my experience. I got such great deals from him that I wouldn't mind paying his debt if I can. I have most of the corals you ordered. Just PM or Email me and I'll see what I can do about sending you frags of those. Honestly I think that if Tony isn't getting back to you there is probably something serious going on. He doesn't seem like a flake to me.

delv 03/14/2007 09:03 PM

He doesn't seem like one to me either...his emails were very nice...my only complaint is that they abruptly stopped. If he were to just drop me some line I wouldn't hold a grudge. I do want the corals or my money back. I don't see how hard it would just be to refund the money back in Paypal...it's very easy! He wouldn't even have to waste time with emailing me.

Anyway, that's a very nice offer Al G Blenny. I don't think it's fair. It's not like I've said I wish him ill will or that he's a scummy person...and it's not your debt to pay.

I have to admit, I do want those corals though.

Drew

racerw 03/15/2007 12:52 PM

Awesome to offer Al G Blenny. I to have bought numerous items from Tony he was nice to deal with & went out of his way w/communication. I hope everything is ok w/him.
delv sorry this had to happen to you, I know it is frustrating but people like Al G Blenny is what makes this hobby fun

Fliger 03/15/2007 01:48 PM

Hey Al G, I was gonna say that! I'm pretty friendly with Tony and have a lot of his corals. I'm just worried that everything is OK, because as other have echoed this is way unlike him. The last 60 days have been a whirlwind for me and I had to put a few trades that I really want to complete on hold due to time (racer :) ), I wouldn't ignore someone who had my money but if my life were more busy than it is now, I might be in that position.

Drew, what is it that you ordered from him? I might have them and will gladly send you free frags if you pay shipping. I'm SURE if I were slammed, Tony would do the same for me. Seriously, its no problem as most of the things I have from him have grown out nicely. Drop me a PM.

He also might be in severe depression because the Suns demolished the Cavs. :)

slojmn 03/15/2007 05:14 PM

Wow, so nice to see the great offers here :). David and Matt, very cool.

I go back to my coments on the first page...I hope he is okay. Has anyone contacted his local reef club and heard back from anyone that lives local to him???

delv 03/15/2007 05:39 PM

Wow...really nice of you guys. Fliger, if you don't mind I'll take you up on that offer...maybe we can work out something that's a bit more equitable. I would, drop this nonsense...I would consider the debt satisfied (I sound like some Mafioso...).

Anyway, here's what the auction listed:

Included are:

Tyree LE / Atlantis Meteor Shower Cyphastrea Occelina 3/4"

Tyree LE Sunset Monti (YES, that one!!) 1/2" (in background of picture of the meteor shower)

Tyree LE / Tubs Original Superman Monti 3/4"

Tyree LE Rainbow Monti 1"

Tyree LE Montipora Confusa 1.5"

Chips Acro 1"

My own SPStoner LE Alien Eye Echinopora 1"

He promised a whole mess of other stuff too...but I'm happy with just the high notes.

PM'ing....

Drew

Al G Blenny 03/15/2007 06:44 PM

I actually have all of those but the sunset and the confusa right now. If Fliger has less of them available I can ship them to you with the same deal that you just pay for shipping (usually about $45). The other option (yet more expensive for you) is we can both ship. That way if he has the sunset and the confusa you will have all of the frags you are missing. I can also throw in some extras to help cover the shipping you will pay. I can probably toss in a Tyree Fire engine monti for the shipping cost. Whatever works for you.

PUGroyale 03/15/2007 06:53 PM

^ Seriously very cool :thumbsup:

Jay4Robin 03/15/2007 06:57 PM

wow wow wow

Please adopt me:D

Fliger 03/15/2007 07:30 PM

I just got in, I don't have the two Al G is missing - however I have the "whole mess of other stuff" :lol: If Al G sent you those, I'll send you a small box full and get you a couple other LE's to replace them. I lost my Sunset. :(

I'm gonna do some shipping next week. I could get you a teensie frag of Pink Lemonade as well. Small but free. Tony was very kind when I bought stuff from him so I don't mind!

Al G, how do you ship for $45??? Everytime I do it, FE or UPS its at least $65 to the EC and sometimes over $70! And make sure you save me a frag of that orange micro, I can pay you now if you haven't already cut it.

delv 03/15/2007 07:33 PM

I'm not worried about the shipping....whatever it is is fine.

I'm getting all these warm fuzzy feelings...

PM me a Paypal address and a price.

Drew

E-A-G-L-E-S 03/15/2007 07:37 PM

Gotta love the west coast and their swapping of choice sps....you guys make me very jealous at times with the abundance and at steals of prices compared to the atlantic and your willingness to trade, swap, sell, give away these expensive/rare beauties:thumbsup:

reef fanatic 03/15/2007 08:07 PM

I seem to remember ordering from SPS awhile back too and not getting my .............OH WELL, I TRIED..... LOL

=)))))))

Fliger 03/15/2007 08:11 PM

Alright bro you got PM. I'll tack ten bucks onto the shipping and you can buy me a couple beers! :lol:

sugartooth 03/15/2007 08:16 PM

Wow.
That says a lot about SPStoner to have people step in for him!
People can only get so lucky to have friends like you!

Fliger and Al G......Class act!

Al G Blenny 03/15/2007 08:26 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9486860#post9486860 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fliger [/i]
[B]I just got in, I don't have the two Al G is missing - however I have the "whole mess of other stuff" :lol: If Al G sent you those, I'll send you a small box full and get you a couple other LE's to replace them. I lost my Sunset. :(

I'm gonna do some shipping next week. I could get you a teensie frag of Pink Lemonade as well. Small but free. Tony was very kind when I bought stuff from him so I don't mind!

Al G, how do you ship for $45??? Everytime I do it, FE or UPS its at least $65 to the EC and sometimes over $70! And make sure you save me a frag of that orange micro, I can pay you now if you haven't already cut it. [/B][/QUOTE]

WOW a free Pink Lemonade!!! That's a first.
I have an account with FedEx. I get a discount. I also figure that if it costs a little more I will just let him know later. I'm sure he's good for it. I have one polyp of the orange micro with your name on it.

VikeBron 03/15/2007 10:10 PM

Truely pure class.

I sure hope evrything is ok with Tony. He was great to deal with.

dkh0331 03/16/2007 06:56 AM

I purchased from Tony last year. Very smooth transaction and [U][B]was[/B] [/U] going to purchase from him again.

And kuddo's to Fliger and Al G!!! That shows the true spirit of the RC brotherhood!

David

DitchPlains2 03/16/2007 07:37 AM

awesome guys

Wow to me this is what reefkeeping is about, a sense of commeradery for a hobby we all love, and are passionate about. Nice job guys, I only hope we all can be as gracious to one another more often.

WELL DONE!

David:rollface: