Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   SPStoner has $300.00 for almost 2 months and won't send my corals or reply! (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1056349)

hexedagain 03/04/2007 01:42 PM

Is this the same guy?
If not I am very sorry for putting you in the middle of this.
Please clear this person, if this isn't him.

[url]http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1061557[/url]

delv 03/04/2007 02:34 PM

Naw...different guy.

Any other help?

Drew

jackson6745 03/04/2007 03:17 PM

Drew I'll get my hands on all these stupid "LE" corals you want. No worries. :)

delv 03/04/2007 04:07 PM

Thanks Dick...I mean Richard. And I'll get you any equipment you need at wholesale...

Thanks again.

Drew

Jay4Robin 03/04/2007 05:12 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9392134#post9392134 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by delv [/i]
[B]Thanks Dick...I mean Richard. And I'll get you any equipment you need at wholesale...

Thanks again.

Drew [/B][/QUOTE]

:eek:

delv 03/04/2007 06:52 PM

Any help finding SPStoner (Tony Nista)?

Does anyone have any contact info for Tony Nista, aka SPStoner? He has over $300.00 of mine and won't return emails, the corals I bought, or my money...here is the tread:

[url]http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1056349[/url]

I'm hoping one of you can give me a hand, I just want what I paid for, or the money at this point.

Thanks in advance,
Drew

szwab 03/04/2007 07:04 PM

you'd probably have better luck posting inthe Cleveland forum. I believe he is a member of CSEA.

geo 03/04/2007 07:10 PM

<i>This thread has been moved to the current forum and merged.</i>

I am pretty sure he travels quite a bit for work, he is probably just out of town.

delv 03/04/2007 08:33 PM

Yes, perhaps he has traveled to a place that has no internet...better yet, a place with no responsibilities...like Peter Pan...

Drew

mikeo1210 03/04/2007 10:16 PM

I feel for you, Hugo has owed me $1550 since September.

The excuse I kept hearing was hardships and I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt (really tried) but six frigging months!

I've had my own share of hardships recently but as far as I'm concerned there's never an excuse to completely blow someone off (which is where my situatuation apparently rests). To do this to a fellow reefer/collector especially one that's tried *so hard* to be patient and understanding... :mad2:

You (and I) have waited long enough. Colinadams' approach with paypal sounds like a good idea as does Jay's. If any portion of your payment was made with your credit card you may be able to file a dispute with them as well.

I started with paypal. Small claims paperwork can be done electronically as well.

Kreeger1 03/04/2007 10:18 PM

I just can't see Tony doing this without a solid reason

delv 03/04/2007 10:43 PM

Mike, that really sucks...I guess being "understanding" hasn't helped either of us...

Well, as far as Stoner's reasons, I wanted Saturday delivery at first (I paid more)...that made it difficult. I then said any day would be fine (my wife could acclimate while I am at work)...so I understand why it might have taken a while, I had a specific request. This is no reason why he would not reply to my emails or refund me (like he offered and I eventually accepted)...

I have PM's, receipts, and emails (where he takes full responsibility and apologizes).

Drew

VikeBron 03/05/2007 03:23 AM

I too have dealt with Tony and am shocked at this. He was great to deal with and I cannot believe he would let his name get trashed over $300 if there wasn't something else going on. Someone from the Cleveland thread might know something.

fade2black 03/05/2007 10:45 AM

Drew - I replied to your other thread, but I am having trouble contacting him as well and he only lives about 15 minutes from me! I built him a custom refugium and now I'm stuck with it. PM me if you ever get in touch with him. The thing that burns me is that he replies to other threads on here but ignores all of my PM's.

Thhitman 03/05/2007 02:07 PM

There is no reason to take close to two thousand dollars from different people and then just vanish, period.

I have seen people have luck with the local authorities where the seller lives. If you persist, you can usually get some action out of them.

spankey 03/05/2007 08:22 PM

If he is reading emails and pm's and replying to other threads, then he basically ripped you both off plain and simple. I would gladly PM him, make sure you track it, then nicely explain the following;

You are going to be in touch with his local athorities and inform them that this person has stollen money from you and you are going to pursue this as far as you can. The guy ruined his reputation and its a shame!

There is NO reason why he doesn't refund your money plain and simple. If he wants to throw you a coral or two for free, then take it! Its worth all the trouble you have been put thru!

Best of luck to you and I hope both of you can get your money back.

;)

mikeo1210 03/05/2007 08:38 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9402857#post9402857 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spankey [/i]
[B]If he is reading emails and pm's and replying to other threads, then he basically ripped you both off plain and simple. [/B][/QUOTE]

Another well-known reefer ripped me off, not the same person.

jackson6745 03/05/2007 09:39 PM

2/14 is the last post that I can find here.

spankey 03/05/2007 09:41 PM

Dang, maybe he isn't OK? Someone however replied that they PM'd him and it was read? Weird!!!

tibbs2 03/09/2007 11:54 AM

[profanity] File a paypal claim if you paid with paypal.

Contact his local police and file a report.
In fact, the guy who is owed 1500 should file a report of his own at the same time. That should get you more attention.

We had a scammer in our club and he owed people money on RC. The person who got scammed called the person's local PD and filed a report. They talked to the scammer and he then promptly refunded the money back to everyone he scammed.

Chris

smiller 03/10/2007 05:38 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9435199#post9435199 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tibbs2 [/i]
[B]<font size="1" color="#0000FF">profanity removed</font> File a paypal claim if you paid with paypal.

[/B][/QUOTE]
Please review the RC User Agreement.

delv 03/10/2007 12:24 PM

Well, I've been really busy this week haven't pursued this at all...funny, SPStoner (Tony Nista) hasn't either. I suppose his intentions are clear at this point, he means to steal my money!

Does anyone know him personally and could perhaps convey this thread to him personally? I am more than willing to forward one of the many emails from him if there is a question of my honesty.

I suppose Monday I'll call his local sheriff.

Drew

NYReef 03/11/2007 10:58 AM

If you call a clooection agency in his area they will collect all of your money plus interest from the day of default. If you get a good one they are really persistent and you'll only pay about 35% of the debt if its less then a year old. I've used one here in NY for a deabeat account that moved to another state and got all my money back. You pay nothing if they don't collect, PM me if you want the name of the one in NY.

TX26257 03/13/2007 07:08 AM

any update on this

krzyphsygy 03/13/2007 09:35 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9394893#post9394893 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mikeo1210 [/i]
[B]I feel for you, Hugo has owed me $1550 since September.

The excuse I kept hearing was hardships and I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt (really tried) but six frigging months!

I've had my own share of hardships recently but as far as I'm concerned there's never an excuse to completely blow someone off (which is where my situatuation apparently rests). To do this to a fellow reefer/collector especially one that's tried *so hard* to be patient and understanding... :mad2:

You (and I) have waited long enough. Colinadams' approach with paypal sounds like a good idea as does Jay's. If any portion of your payment was made with your credit card you may be able to file a dispute with them as well.

I started with paypal. Small claims paperwork can be done electronically as well. [/B][/QUOTE] Dude I would fly where ever these [profanity]live and pay them a visit. They simply ROBBED YOU OVER THE INTERNET. [profanity]

[COLOR=blue]Perhaps you should reread smiller's advice!~dc[/COLOR]