Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reef Discussion (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   My wife poured teriyaki sauce into my tank (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1119746)

pluvialis 05/12/2007 10:53 PM

My wife poured teriyaki sauce into my tank

My wife and I got into an arguement and she thinks all I care about is the fish tank. In an arguement she poured teriyaki sauce into my heavily stocked 30 gallon.

Tang Salad 05/12/2007 10:59 PM

What did you do to deserve that?

And what did you do to help the tank?

MusMusculus 05/12/2007 11:00 PM

Yes, punish her by buying a bigger tank.

And unless all your stock is from the Sea of Japan, a water change and carbon may be required. ;)

Satori 05/12/2007 11:01 PM

I'm very sorry, I couldn't help but laugh a little...
Really, I'm sorry about your tank. I would stay away from some of the more physical options in your poll though... :hmm1:

MusMusculus 05/12/2007 11:04 PM

Keep a watch on nitrates, the sugar/vodka crowd will be interested. I doubt ANYONE has ever tried the teriyaki method.

Pea-brain 05/12/2007 11:05 PM

I couldn't immagine marrying someone who would do that to make a point. That is a very strong and personal attack. Seriously, that is messed up.....BTW is teryaki sauce toxic to fish and inverts? :P

atty 05/12/2007 11:08 PM

Na it just gives them more flavor

HBtank 05/12/2007 11:19 PM

If you do not have kids, cut and run.

Zarn 05/12/2007 11:21 PM

sorry to hear that man. I hope you get a bigger tank whenever she cools off.

DSMpunk 05/12/2007 11:26 PM

Well if you had shrimp and fish that died, you could always fry them up. They would already be marinated.

Seriously though, that is pretty messed up. I would get a bigger tank and start over =)

outy 05/12/2007 11:40 PM

asking us how to help your tank is one thing [if its jacked at all]

asking us our opinion on personal matters that should be better left delt with between you and her shows a lack of moral conviction on your part.

dr.darkness 05/12/2007 11:42 PM

Your wife needs serious mental help if she's willing to harm helpless innocent creatures,just my 2cents since you asked. Also I would get a bigger tank and tell her every time she pulls a stunt like that you'll go even bigger and bigger.

pluvialis 05/13/2007 12:00 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9931555#post9931555 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by outy [/i]
[B]asking us how to help your tank is one thing [if its jacked at all]

asking us our opinion on personal matters that should be better left delt with between you and her shows a lack of moral conviction on your part. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ya, thanks for the help with my tank

Hop 05/13/2007 12:02 AM

Is this a bad time to say that what she did is a mandatory arrest under the domestic violence laws. First it was criminal mischief when done in a manner to coerce, intimidate, alarm or annoy, when involved in an intimate relationship, mandates an arrest. In addition cruelty to animal charges may apply in your state.

Either way, there is an issue and she needs counseling. She killed living creatures to spite you. Not a good thing.

Take it from me... After one horrible relationship, I swore off women. I packed up my jeep and dog and spent five years as a hermit. Later on I found out that there still are some good women out there and happened to find the right one.

At anyrate, good luck with both the tank and what ever you decide on the relationship!!!! In regards to the tank, I would say water changes ( alot of them), carbon and a poly filter. And a whole lot of hope:)

Tang Salad 05/13/2007 12:09 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9931638#post9931638 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hop [/i]
[B] In regards to the tank, I would say water changes ( alot of them), carbon and a poly filter. And a whole lot of hope:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, go with this good advice.

deucetowe 05/13/2007 12:43 AM

If reefing is something you're genuinely happy with, she is attacking the genuine you.

Marriage is about loving one's strengths, passions and weaknesses... I truly hope this was a one-time incident, but I highly doubt it. I wish you the best of luck.

This is equal to your wife burning your car in yoyr own driveway... just not as many spectators.

Its not the fishtank destruction that causes concern... it's the wreckless disregard for your happiness. Very troubling...

Kigs 05/13/2007 12:43 AM

uhhh.... if the argument was about you caring too much about the tank then it's either...a) you must be way too obsessed and this should just be a hobby... b) you really need to find a woman who will support you with reefkeeping because having a significant other who doesn't support you in this hobby sucks big time

The Grim Reefer 05/13/2007 12:59 AM

B, C E and F in no particular order

AquaReeferMan 05/13/2007 01:07 AM

Wow. Theres plenty of other fish in the sea. For both of your cases.

davidryder 05/13/2007 02:09 AM

Oh man... when you got married you probably uttered some words i don't know something in the order of "till death do you part". You break a vow once and vows no longer hold any water, no matter how good of a person you are or your intentions. It's like a couple that was united by one of the members cheating on their former partner with their new partner... Don't concern yourself with the symptoms and start worrying about the cause. You need to start thinking in terms of teamwork... if you all aren't on the same team or don't know how to practice good teamwork it isn't going to get better. Partner, team member, friend, wife, co-conspirator, helper. Sorry to get all serious if this was meant to be a fun post, but the divorce rate in the US is over 50% and it sickens me to think that all those people had to swear the same obviously empty vows. The meaning of marriage is being thrown the the way-side...

ccorpse27 05/13/2007 02:41 AM

so is the tank ok?

BRG 05/13/2007 02:42 AM

:lol::lol: :lol: LOL does she have a sister or are you married to my ex wife..............:rollface: :D :rollface: :lol: :lol:

bg

Frick-n-Frags 05/13/2007 06:03 AM

dang! my ex wife joke just won't shine being directly after an ex-wife joke. :D

Just think, there may be RC members out there that are serial murderers and we would never know. maybe one is even a mod........ [que the twilight zone music] :D

REHEM 05/13/2007 06:06 AM

I was slapped in the face by a girlfriend the other day for my Reef addiction! She wanted me to go [I]somewhere[/I], but I needed to work on my tank. She said, "I bet if I owned a fish store you would be more interested in me!", in which I made the terrible mistake of agreeing with her. :lol: *SMACK!*

I haven't seen her since, but my Reef is coming along nicely!

Sorry about your tank and your domestic disturbance...

TarheelFrag 05/13/2007 06:28 AM

I would start with the police. That way there will be a record of it. I would then call my lawyer first thing tomorow! Hope that she never get's the idea your cheating on her!