PDA

View Full Version : A few ideas for the club

scubadude
07/16/2002, 10:28 AM
Well me and Chuck are gonna go to the ORCA meeting probably on July 27th. If anyone else wants to go.....I figured since they are MUCH bigger (even though tampa is just as big as orlando, actually bigger) then we could get some great Ideas. Im sure that Jon (the clubs president) would have open arms to us. My thoughts was to make some Club T-shirts for everyone and if we get say 20 of them and get a discount ...like 10bux say per T-shirt we charge each member 25bux per shirt and put the extra 15 into club account ORCA is doing this. If we can get a club account going we can really do some great things I think! Just a thought guys/girls

Mako
07/16/2002, 11:17 AM
I like it! :cool: Matt is there some art work already available for something like this or would we have to come up with something?

luminary
07/16/2002, 12:51 PM
I might be able to make it on the 27th...got to wait until it gets a little closer...

As for shirts...I've put a little bit of research into this already...There is a company that does shirt sales (and other stuff like mugs, mouse pads, etc) that all you need to do is open an account and select the items you want available, along with the logo(s). Then anyone can just order what they want. The advantage to this is there is no up front cost. Most shirt places will charge you an initial "design" fee. Basically paying for the master item. It's been a few years since I looked at the costs for this, but it can be like $100-$200 depending on the amount of detail/size/colors.

ORCA has shirts...we can ask them where the did theirs.

We do need to come up with some stuff. I've got a friend who is a graphic artists that's been working on some logos in her limited spare time.

I think we should plan a "launch" for the club...what I mean by that is we should get all these ideas straightened out...Stuff like officers, what it means to be a member, dues, shirts, website...all that good stuff...and then coordinate it. Once we have that stuff worked out, we will need to think about getting a bank account for the club, especially when we collect dues and possibly do shirt sales and stuff like that.