PDA

View Full Version : Pom Pom Xenia

SeanF
07/15/2002, 09:29 PM
Looking for Pom Pom Xenia for the store. Also expecting a new shipment of some SPS coral(if the plane doesn't break down this week). Also going to try a clam. Should be a good shipment of fish in this week also. I know I didn't have much there for the meeting.

VCoo71
07/16/2002, 12:21 PM
what day are you expecting the shipment? and do you know whats going to come in on it? i was up there a few days ofter your last shipment came in and remember you showing me a peice of Montipora Cap. that had died in the shipping if you get another one like on this order consider it already sold im looking for any M. capricornus i can find or any small acropora colonies i can find the last ones you had were just too big for me but they were very nice
thanks and ill look foreward to hearing/seeing what comes in and when
charlie in norman

SeanF
07/16/2002, 06:31 PM
The order should be in late tomorrow afternoon or evening. Here is the list of stuff that I ordered. 1 acropora(that is all the more specific it gets) 1 montipora (see previous note), 1 pink plate coral, 1 pavona, 4 xl assorted mushroom rocks. I think that is it. Just one box this week. Hopefully more next week. We also should have some fire shrimp and a crocea clam in tomorrow.

VCoo71
07/16/2002, 07:43 PM
thanks for the reply sean illl have make it up there tomorrow after work and see what comes in
thanks again
charlie

SeanF
07/16/2002, 08:56 PM
As long as the flight is not delayed I should be back from the airport around 3pm. You might want to give me a call to make sure the flight isn't delayed.

Don Davis
07/16/2002, 09:31 PM
Hey Sean, can you call and request any more specific corals? The guy who takes your order should know the difference between Montipora Digitata and Montipora Capricornis. He should be able to tell you which one he can send. If he can send Monti. Cap., put me down for the next one, after Charlie gets his. :)

Don

SeanF
07/17/2002, 09:41 PM
Finally got the order. They shorted me on the Montipora. Next time I will definately try to request a couple of the capricornus. Got two nice Acropora a little smaller than the last time. A very nice big green hammer, a fairly nice Tuberina(sp? cup coral yet another different color of polyp), some nice big mushroom rocks. Got a fairly nice looking blue crocea clam, and some fire shrimp. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Still looking for some Pom Pom Xenia. If anyone knows someone who has some please let me know.

Don Davis
07/17/2002, 09:51 PM
Sean, how much xenia are you loooking for? I have one rock with 4 or 5 stalks on it that I could part with. I have more of the pulsing xenia then I do of the pom-pom if you're interested in pulsing as well.

Don

SeanF
07/17/2002, 10:02 PM
I could use them both. I have a couple of people looking for each type. Let me know. I will start working on Tony so I can get you a good amount of credit for them.

VCoo71
07/17/2002, 11:09 PM
hmmmm intresting i called earlier and they said the order wouldnt be in till tomorrow ill have to come up and see what you have
thanks
charlie

SeanF
07/18/2002, 08:29 AM
You must have talked to Tony. The order came in last night after closing time. I picked it up just before 7pm last night.

SeanF
07/18/2002, 10:06 PM
Hey Don this Saturday would be a great day to bring those rocks in Tony will be out fishing. Let me know.

OscarBeast
07/19/2002, 12:11 AM
Is Pom-Pom Xenia harder to keep than pulsing xenia? I have always wanted some, but you don't see it around too much.

The pulsing xenia that was donated to me is growing like weeds. I even have some growing up my glass now. I will probably be able to get some pretty good frags of it soon.

Don Davis
07/19/2002, 08:26 PM
Sean, let's make sure we're talking about the same stuff before I bag it up and bring it to you.

http://ww2.comasonline.org:8080/reefpics/donny/Resize%20of%20Xenia.jpg

The Xenia on the left and lower right is umbellata, the darker stuff in the middle is elongata. Different books call them different things, but most books call them both pom-pom AND pulsing xenia.

Let me know which one you want.

Beast, there isn't much difference in the hardiness of the 2. The umbellata seems to be pickier about lighting and current. Other then that, people can either grow it like weeds, or not keep it alive at all. I'll let you know the next time I have some umbellata ready to go.

Don

SeanF
07/20/2002, 08:25 AM
Both of those look good and I don't have either at the store so I could use both. Hope to see you today.

Rich1515
07/27/2002, 09:05 AM
I have a pretty good size rock with Xenia on it...let me know if you would like some of it.

I have attached a picture for you to see what I have.

Let me know.

-Eric

SeanF
08/01/2002, 09:51 PM
Sorry it took me so long been pretty busy. Let me clear some space. What do you want for it?