PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Passionfish
07/15/2002, 12:17 PM
Really enjoyed our last meeting.Went and got the other shrimp. What a joyous reunion. I felt so glad, but today can only find one. Will he be able to survive on his own? (I assume the other one died). Also blue boxfish in "Aggressive Tank" is not eating (has been in tank about one week), any advice?

luminary
07/15/2002, 02:47 PM
Don't write it off yet...it's certainly possible that one of them died, but you've got a pretty big tank and they're pretty small shrimp...

Do a search here on RC...there are a few people who keep them and you should be able to find some good info on them..

Same for the boxfish...I vaguely remember hearing that they are specialized feeders (or at least there was some difficulty in getting them to feed), but I don't know for certain...run a search here as I think I've seen them discussed.

scubadude
07/15/2002, 10:25 PM
I would try some Live brine with the box fish....and if he eats live brine then slowly start adding frozen brine to the live brine til you wean him off of live brine into frozen brine...I would soak the brine in zoe or selcon too....cuz brine isnt the most nutritious food but it is usually accepted because it is live. Hope you get the little guy eating ok