PDA

View Full Version : Need a Dell? Desktop | Laptop | Server | Accessories?

wiszmaster
12/11/2006, 11:14 AM
just wanted to let you guys know ... since most on here do not know .....

I have a small/large Business Dell account - and i get good discounts off anythingin the Small Business / Large Business / Enterprise line - NOT off the home user stuff.

I do NOT charge anything over what dell charges me - reason?
I order a few thousand $ of IT equipment /year, and save a bunch with these discounts - but i do NOT meet the quota required by my orders alone .... so if you order through me, it helps me keep my large business acount - which saves me money on every order .... and you get a good deal, and good discount on your order!

I get ALOT of buy 2 get 1 free, or take 30% off discount offers..... dell is very aggressive in the small business market - i believe they are also the cheapest in Microsoft Licensing ....

Currently:
Optiplex Desktops, Latitude Notebooks, and PowerEdge Servers
Buy Two Get One Free
Excluding Optiplex 320, Latitude D520, and PowerEdge SC Servers
No Quantity Limits

25% Off All Dell Ultrasharp LCD Monitors
No Quantity Limits

AGAIN - I DO NOT UPCHARGE, OR MAKE A PROFIT ON THIS - I pass all savings on to you!
There are NO mail in rebates - these are all discounts taken @ time of order - nothing to mess with.
(therefor i get to keep my account & save myself)

Shoot me an email if you are interested - or PM me.

coralfarmer84
12/12/2006, 01:00 AM
I could use a good laptop in the near future but i have no idea where to begin on what I would need... I care about speed speed and more speed along with all the other cool stuff, pm me if you know of anything cool thats practical and cheap.

wiszmaster
12/12/2006, 08:23 AM
know someone that needs one as well? if you guys buy 2 @ the same time, you get a 3rd one - sell it & split the profit .... that would greatly reduce the cost of both of you guys's laptops!

Ryan,

if you are looking for speed, make sure you get alot of ram (1GB +) .... and the one thing people NEVER check into ... the hard drive speed! Most laptops seems slow, slow to boot, slow to save files, don't work well with larger files - standard laptop hard drives are 4800 rpm i think - to conserve power ... make sure you get @ least the 5400 rpm drive, if possible a 7200 rpm drive! will make a HUGE difference.

The Latitude's are pretty good ... D820

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5500 (1.66GHz) 2M L2 Cache, 667Mhz Dual Core
2.0GB, DDR2-667 SDRAM, 2 DIMMS
80GB Hard Drive, 9.5MM, 7200RPM
24X CD-RW/DVD w/ Cyberlink PowerDVD™
512MB NVIDIA® Quadro NVS 120M TurboCache™
Intel® 3945 802.11a/g Dual-Band Mini Card

Price on Dell's site
$1,517

i can probably get that one for about $1,200 - $1,300 ...

If you are interested in a dell, look around & then let me know, otherwise ... i persoanlly don't care for sony anymore, and toshiba has gone downhill as well ... you can always pick up a used laptop on ebay for quite a nice discount!!! if you don't care if it has a few scratches, and maybe no warranty ... but the price is better.

coralfarmer84
12/12/2006, 10:56 AM
thanks man i'm looking for something cheap and efficient that i could use at work to submit orders, check stock and file paperwork... but i'm also on a tight budget right now lol i'll look around and let you know.

wiszmaster
12/12/2006, 11:15 AM
well .. dell is not cheap .... and the fact that its a laptop doesn't help either .... why laptop?

get a small desktop ... w/ a flat screen you can be up & running w/ less than $1,000 ... if you look around on ebay ... probably $500 & you'll have a 17" LCD & computer.

have you looked on ebay? i buy second hand stuff all the time ... just have to do a little research, and check out the seller.

coralfarmer84
12/12/2006, 09:31 PM
yea i've got some time to figure something out....