PDA

View Full Version : Rockford Fragswap

Mr.Firemouth
12/10/2006, 10:29 PM
Uberfrags and the rockford reefers will be co hosting this event..

Its time everyone to get those frags mounted and polish up your glass.
We are throwin a bash...

Saturday febuary 24th
9572 forest hills rd
rockford Il.
Minuets from I-90

There will be some heavy hitters at this swap and If you want coral this will be the place to go.. I am emptying the basement and draggin it with...

Fragger tables $15.00
Rockford reefers and uf members tables $10.00
All sellers to donate 1 frag (of their choice) for our huge raffle.

$5.00 gets you in the door + 3 raffle tickets

We will keep everyone up to date on new news..
Please pm myself or rob top for more info or questions.. Thanks

Bryan89
12/11/2006, 01:45 PM
Do you have to be present to win the raffle?

Mr.Firemouth
12/11/2006, 07:11 PM
I will let Robtop answer that.

RobTop
12/11/2006, 09:42 PM
No need to be there, though we would like you too be.

Bryan89
12/11/2006, 10:53 PM
I will be there, just wondering for others.

gprovo
12/12/2006, 12:26 PM
Is this the Raceway in Loves Park?

RobTop
12/12/2006, 03:14 PM
It actually has a Rockford address, but yes. It's right next to the Rockford Speedway.

RobTop
12/12/2006, 04:09 PM
Rockford Frag Fest (http://www.rockfordreefers.org/Feb2007.html)

Here's the link to info. Check back as we add seller info and raffle items

RobTop
12/12/2006, 04:10 PM
Rockford Frag Fest (http://www.rockfordreefers.org/Feb2007.html)

Here's the link to info. Check back as we add seller info and raffle items

RobTop
01/07/2007, 12:16 AM
HOLY CORAL FRAGMAN.
THIS EVENT IS TAKING OFF!!!
We have a few exciting additions to tell you about. Check out the site for more info. The highlights are
Guest speaker Jake Adams from Denver (bio and abstract at RR's site)
Dirk Griffin From Red Wing MN will be out as well.
We have sellers now from MN, WI, MI, IN, IL, and the list is growing. This event will be insainly HUGE!!! Space is starting to fill up so if you havn't already reserve your table soon!

DIRK GRIFFIN
01/16/2007, 02:34 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the frag swap, thank you for the invite, Rob

RobTop
01/16/2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for coming!

Mountain_Nerd
01/18/2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks for organizing this event. I'm getting pretty excited about going to my first frag fest. I was wondering a few things...

I get three raffle tickets with my $5 entry fee... can I buy more, if so inclined?

You have developed quite a list of vendor sponsors (I'm impressed!). Do you have a list of what they are offering as raffle items? Just curious.

Other than a fat wallet, is there anything a noobie should bring to such an event?

RobTop
01/18/2007, 11:22 PM
To answer a few questions and create some more.
First this raffle has become a MONSTER, you have to be there to win. At first we said no, but I had no idea what I would be dealing with. If you haven't checked the site out, it's crazy, and there are about 10 more to add.
What will be raffled, well a brief list should include
Full admit to IMAC
over $500 in gift certs to various on-line and local shops
Reef Optx 150w MH pendent
Orbit lighting system
several differant types of auto top off systems (from 3 vendors, 5 set ups)
moon lights
MH bulbs
Clear Nu filters
additives and filter media galor many many vendors (no Marc Weiss stuff here, GOOD German stuff!)
Wave2K's acclimator (this thing is really cool, and we have 2 to raffle)
Calfo posters and scrip to his mag
penductors
A book or two
Food for everything in your tank
Things I don't even know about as the sponsor said yeah we will send $200 worth of stuff, but didn't tell me what stuff they were sending.
A Company who does not need to ever discount his stuff as it is that good will allow us to raffle off a coupon for 15% off, could save over $200 on this.
And I will have a few suprises for you too.

Raffle tickets are 3 with entry and a buck each there after.

Bring a cooler to carry frags in. I'll have a hand full of styros there if needed.

Your impressed, I'm shocked. I never thought it would roll out this big this quick. I figured maybe in a few years of doing it we would have a raffle that could quite easily hit $5K in give aways.

I would also plan on not getting out of there by 4pm. The schedule of events is still being worked out. There are a few secrets I have not shared, if all goes well we wont start the raffle till close to 4pm. Stay tuned!!!

kdogc10
01/20/2007, 11:37 PM
I love it!!

Mountain_Nerd
01/24/2007, 05:40 PM
Do you know when Jake Adams will be speaking? Maybe you can have some of the raffle items directly after his presentation to ensure a good attendance.

This is gonna be a ton of fun! Thanks.

RobTop
01/24/2007, 05:59 PM
The way it looks like it will shake out is hourly raffles of some of the foods and additives we have, then the major raffle right after Jake speaks. We will have the timeline in a week or so, but it looks like the major raffling will be begin around 3pm.

Vitaly
01/24/2007, 11:30 PM
<B>Rob</B>,

Sounds like you have put together an amazing event. I have started collecting styrofoam containers already. I am thinking that I may even bring my own chair...as it sounds like there are gonna be a lot of people attending :-)

RobTop
01/24/2007, 11:33 PM
Sporting good stores sell thos efishing chairs that are like a bar stool that fold completely flat, might have to get one myself!

wenszoo
01/30/2007, 09:43 PM
Hey Rob
I was wondering if you have figured out the schedule yet? It appears as if myself and many more members of the Greater Iowa Reef society plan on attending. Some of us may not be able to stay to late. I know at least 1 member plans on bringing about 75 frags. Look forward to hearing more from you guys.
Patrick

RobTop
01/30/2007, 10:15 PM
We are waiting on a couple details to firm up the schedule. As it stands now
8am seller set up
9:30 doors open, however no selling till 10a
10-12p swap till you drop
12-1:30 keep swaping, lunch and a portion of the raffle/door prizes
1:30-3 Jake speaks and Q&A
3p MEGA MASSIVE RAFFLE

We are still getting donors too. Today Marineland and Hamilton ponied up.

If any one is bringing more than 10 frags they need to contact me about a table.

This should be set in stone with in a week or so

Vitaly
02/01/2007, 10:59 AM
Two questions regarding the Rockford Fragswap:

1) Do people sell items other than corals. For example, fish, shrimp,
crabs, macroalgae, and food (homemade, commercial, etc). I only
ask, so that I can be prepared with storage/transport packaging.

2) What payment methods are accepted? Does it just depend on the
individual seller? I imagine that cash is alway good :-)

Thanks...

RobTop
02/01/2007, 11:32 PM
You'll find everything there. The LFS stores taht will be there are Ocean's Floor, he will most likly be all coral, Sea Schor, who again mostly coral, her is fragging out of the stores display tank. You can see pics of it on our site (http://www.rockfordreefers.org/Dec2006.html)
Rod is coming out and will have his food and other stuff. Dirk is coming down from Reg Wing MN and will have tons of dry goods. If you are looking for something shoot him an e-mail he will set you up!. And the Uber team will have tons of stuff. Last swap they had cleaner crews and pepperments.
Cash is king, but some of the LFS might take a card.

Chelsey
02/12/2007, 09:45 PM
Add MO to the list...I've got a table reserved!