PDA

View Full Version : Well it was bound to happen

GreenBay1
12/07/2006, 12:41 AM
I now have my first case of ich that I have ever had. I got the new coral beauty and it is now developing ich pretty darn fast. My problem is I cannot get it out of my tank to QT it and need to know if there is anything I can use (other than garlic) to treat the ich in my main tank? I want to be able to still have shrimp down the road and keep my crabs alive now. Please help me out somebody :(

philagothos
12/07/2006, 02:38 AM
Any chance a cleaner (neon) goby would be able to help? I know they eat parasites, but I don't know if they help with ich or not. Just a thought. Best of luck treating it.

lcashman
12/07/2006, 07:28 AM
You could also use a cleaner wrasse.....good luck!

brad23
12/07/2006, 09:16 AM
The only way you'll ever get rid of it for sure is to pull all the fish out and treat them

GreenBay1
12/07/2006, 03:23 PM
I have so much rock work that it would ruin the tank to move it all around, as well as my corals that are spanned across my rocks. I guess I am screwed.

mstewart
12/07/2006, 03:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8700956#post8700956 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GreenBay1
I have so much rock work that it would ruin the tank to move it all around, as well as my corals that are spanned across my rocks. I guess I am screwed.

I have not done this myself but there have been several experienced folks on these boards who have suggested pumping out about 80% of your water into a container, (large plastic garbage can etc) The much lower water column makes catching the fish much easier. They say that the short time out of the water is not injurious to most corals or live rock, and then you just pump it right back in.

GreenBay1
12/07/2006, 04:59 PM
The CB is no longer with me. It jumped out of the tank while I was trying to catch it again and landed in my cool air intake to my furnace. It is in the pipes somewhere and I cannot find it to get it out, nor can I take the pipes appart. I am really bummed now, I really wanted that fish. I guess this is a hard lesson learned.

philagothos
12/08/2006, 02:57 AM
Sorry about the loss. Hopefully, you can find a way to get it out before it starts smelling too awful.

GreenBay1
12/08/2006, 01:25 PM
I think I may have found the section it is in. I have someone coming out today to take the section down so I can look.