PDA

View Full Version : you think it would be ok?

JEMichael IV
07/11/2002, 10:50 PM
Hi I have 2 eclipse 6 gallons tied into my main 150 total gallon system. In each eclipse I have live rock and a mantis shrimp in each tank.

I would like to start adding some corals as I know they will not bother them. I have some extra colts, will they live in these tanks with 2x13w PCS on them? 1 6400k white and 1 blue actinic. I got the retro kits from ahsupply.

Is this enough light for them? What else can live under these lights. I know water quality isnt the issue as they are living in the main reef so I would just move them over, but is this enough light?

Thanks!!! I would love to put them in tonight.

TooFar2Sea
07/11/2002, 11:27 PM
I like to plumb my nanos to the main system for a few months to give them a jump start with pods and worms. With a 2 1/2 g I used a single 13w fixture. The green star polyps, mushrooms, and green button polyps thrived. I currently have a 5 1/2 g online and it is lit by a single 15w NO fixture. The green star polyps, ricordia, and zooanthids appear healthy but I plan to increase the lighting to a pair of 13w PCs.
Your lighting should support these corals, especially if they are high in the rock structure. In a shallow tank the corals are inches from the light.

chess_wizard
07/12/2002, 12:48 PM
Hey john,

That should be sufficant light for those corals.
Be carfull placing them in the tanks.

Pomacanthus1
07/13/2002, 10:34 AM
I have the exact same lighting setup on my 12g nano. It has been more than enough for every coral i have put in there. I haven't tried sps yet though, mainly because i'm not a big sps fan. I bet some of the hardier sps like montipora would do the best.