PDA

View Full Version : Please check this template before I go any further.

anathema
07/11/2002, 07:42 PM
I would appreciate any input on this template for the website. If anyone experiences problems, let me know.

Click Me! (http://www.uninked.com/bare)

I know it's a bit on the plain side, but I am more worried about any bugs that make it lose functionality. I am going to try to focus my time on getting the content back up rather than make it that special. I don't have tons of time.

This is just a working template, none of the links will work. I have checked it in my versions of Opera, IE, and Mozilla(Netscape). Input from other versions is always nice.

anathema
07/11/2002, 07:49 PM
http://www.uninked.com/bare/junkme/screenshot.jpg

Blurry, but that's how the layout should look. There are minor differences with the bottom border and join box, anything else that pops up please let me know.

dsb1829
07/12/2002, 12:10 AM
Looks like it is off to a good start. Might I suggest a links section :D

I am actually working to get my site updated. I have given it a face lift ;) Still have a lot of work to do, so I can definitely see the amount of time that goes into site building. Keep up the good work. If you want some hints for good links to reference sites, UBB sites, some great personal pages, and reputeable online vendors I can help out.

How is the frogspawn and those frags doing??

NanoReefer53
07/12/2002, 04:23 AM
I like the layout and the lil java scripts here an there. Off to a great start anathema. I would do a new banner though, something flashy to catch the attention when people first come.

egh, this reminds me, i gotta update my website (http://nanoreefer53.nano-reef.com) .:rolleyes:

anathema
07/12/2002, 10:54 AM
I know it's a little plain now, but my main focus is to get it organized correctly and then I can do a "facelift" I put just enough time into graphics to not make it boring. I hope. :)

I have so many ideas I could seriously spend months just doing the graphics, but that wouldn't get us anywhere. Things like the buttons, top banner, etc. were thrown together pretty quickly and I haven't really spent that much time on them.

I appreciate your input a lot.

A link section is in the works, Lori was working on it last we talked, but I need to get back in touch with her. I would appreciate your list of links also, Doug.

Any other ideas for content would be appreciated.

The frogspawn & frags are doing great. Almost everything stopped growing after the move, and some things have picked up, but not that acro. It looks ok still, but it's not growing like it was. I think my KALK bucket being disconnected for a week is causing some extra problems. :(

anathema
07/12/2002, 12:52 PM
Doug, would you mind emailing me some pics from the last meeting/roadtrip? I would like to add those in the past meeting section.

dsb1829
07/15/2002, 06:43 PM
Hey Gusty, why don't I just bring you a CD with all of the road trip images. Then you can choose what ones you want. I still haven't gotten around to formatting half of them down to usefull website graphics size.

BTW, what are we doing this month?? I have no idea. I kind of checked out after last month. Just needed a breather after that. I just happened to think that the meeting was this week, so that would be the best place to exchange a lot of information.

dsb1829
07/15/2002, 06:45 PM
Oh, what are you looking for as far as links? A good start is available on my site. I have a few of my most visited sites there. I am more than willing to help with some more links, just some guidelines for what we want to encompass would help.

anathema
07/16/2002, 10:58 AM
If you have a CD you could give me at the meeting that would be great. I won't be able to bring my laptop since it died though, so I would need to keep the CD. I can dupe it and mail it to you if you don't have a CDR drive.

As far as links... I haven't honestly given that much thought yet. I know we will have a links section, and if you want to read the old thread about our website here:

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid (http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59723&highlight=website)

As far as guidelines, I am not sure we want to get as involved as the SeaBay site, but maybe. I looked at yours and it looks good. For me it really depends on how much time I have to give that step. Once I get the site up and running, things like the links page and graphics can always be improved.

One thing I will probably do is make the link to the RC forum a "featured link" instead of giving it it's own page.

Hope that helps, and thanks for your help,

Gusty

dsb1829
07/16/2002, 01:41 PM
Sounds cool. Lets talk more about this at the meeting. Might be good to get some opinions from everyone who isn't here on the board. I would be curious to see how many are active internet users and how many have ventured to our bulletin board here at Reef Central. I agree that Seabay is a bit more than we need. I think John did a lot of work on that page to make it very professional.

I burned a disk a while back to bring my files in to work, so I can just turn that over to you. Or I may burn you a copy of just the road trip either way. CDR disks are cheap. A couple of places were selling 50pk over the 4th that were free after mail in rebate. I think last time I picked some up it was $5/50pk, so I think I can cover it :D