PDA

View Full Version : I have an alternative

lynetteww125
12/05/2006, 08:41 PM
Because nobody here or in CMAS is interested in the Bangaii Cardinal, Scooter Dragonette, or 2 Chip Stars, I have come up with an alternative idea.

I am thinking about transferring the Bangaii, Scooter, and the set up I have in my 12 Gal. Aquapod into the 20H I was using as preparation for water changes for the 55 I am trying to sell. Then, since nobody wants to buy the stars, I will have to donate them to a LFS so they don't destroy my reef like I know they would.

However, to do this, I will need a light and filtration for the 20H. What lighting would you recommend for the reef? Would I be better off having somebody help me build a sump or should I just buy one? If I just buy one, which would you recommend? Also, for skimming, should I use the SeaClone 150 I currently have on the 55 or should I sell that?

I feel kinda dumb asking these questions seeing as how I have been in the hobby for a year now, but the only way to learn more is to ask.

If anybody decides with this final offer that they are interested in the Bangaii, Scooter, or Chip Stars, please let me know ASAP!! I am selling the rock on Thursday and hope to have the tank broken down the rest of the way by Monday at the latest so I can get that listed for sale.

Thanks guys,
Wendy

lynetteww125
12/06/2006, 09:32 PM
Nobody has any suggestions for lighting or filtration for me? I was thinking about a 24" Outer Orbit lighting system, but that is a little pricey for what I can afford at the moment.

Would building a sump out of a 10 gal. be feasible for a 20 gal tank? Is the SeaClone 150 too big for a 20 gal or would it work well?

Would it be a bad idea to put a Scooter and Bangaii that are used to a 55 gal tank (fish, LR, inverts) into a 20 gal reef? I don't think it will stress the fish out, but I am not certain.

BenjieC
12/08/2006, 02:08 PM
[B]Nobody has any suggestions for lighting or filtration for me? I was thinking about a 24" Outer Orbit lighting system, but that is a little pricey for what I can afford at the moment. PC? if your not doing sps or clams it should be good.

Would building a sump out of a 10 gal. be feasible for a 20 gal tank? Is the SeaClone 150 too big for a 20 gal or would it work well? Not a big fan for the seaclone, but a SC skimmer is better thatn no skimmer. IMO you can't have too big of a skimmer. A larger skimmer allows more freedom for feeding heavily.

Would it be a bad idea to put a Scooter and Bangaii that are used to a 55 gal tank (fish, LR, inverts) into a 20 gal reef? I don't think it will stress the fish out, but I am not certain.- they should both be fine.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner I've been too busy of late. Story of my life! LOL!