PDA

View Full Version : Tank Status...

wiszmaster
12/03/2006, 09:10 PM
!!!!OH NO - DON'T LEt THE TANG POLICE SEE THIS!!!!

tank has been up & running for almost 2 months i think .. or so it seems ... its been a little while.

Equipment:
AC3 w/ PH + 2 x DC8's - controlls Lights, pumps, skimmer, UV
Skimmer - custom built
ATO - Atlas by Oceanus Systems (http://www.oceanussystems.com)

Lights:
6 x 80w T5's + 2 x 54w T5's (not installed yet)

Cooling:
2 x 120mm PC fans w/ 3 blue LEDs in each - 1 blowing on water, one sucking from water.

Need to get eventually:
Chiller
$$$ Printing machine

Livestock:
1 x Blood Shrimp
5 x Cleaner Shrimp
3 x Peppermint Shrimp
1 x Pistol Shrimp (TINY)

15 x Pyramid Snails
15 x Crabs
3 x Olive Snails (local - picked off sanibel shore)

2 x Sand Sifting Starfish
1 x Blue Linka
1 x Red/Purple Serpent Star

1 x Powder Blue Tang (LG 6"-8")
2 x Regal Tangs (SM/MED 2"-3")
1 x Sailfin Tang (SM 2"-3")
1 x Yelloow Tang (SM/MED 3")
1 x one Spot Foxface (MED 3"-4")

1 x Clownfish (2"-3")

1 x Copperbanded Butterflyfish (MED/LG 4")

1 x Highfin Shrimp Goby (X-SM 1/2"-3/4")

Xenias
Zoanthids
Pipe Organs
Star Polyps
Kenya Trees
Mushrooms
Open Brain (Lobophytum ?)
Brain (Favia ?)

OH NO - DON'T LE THE TANG POLICE SEE THIS!!!

wiszmaster
12/04/2006, 06:55 AM
Clown, Sailfin & Yellow Tang

http://marcoprechel.com/gallery2/d/7322-1/IMG_3336.JPG

Sailfin, Yellow & Regal Tang + Copperbanded Butterfly

http://marcoprechel.com/gallery2/d/7328-2/IMG_3338.JPG

2 x Regal + Yellow, Foxface (far right) & Clown (far right)
http://marcoprechel.com/gallery2/d/7358-2/IMG_3348.JPG

my 10" wang wouldn't come out & play ;-)

keinreis
12/04/2006, 12:55 PM
I am reporting you to the tang police!

wiszmaster
12/04/2006, 03:19 PM
ohhhhzzz nnnoooeezzz .... don't let them see this ... they'll be allll over this, like flies on cow ****.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8675537#post8675537 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wiszmaster
my 10" wang wouldn't come out & play ;-)

and BTW ... that Powder Blue (W)Tang - he is HUGE!

coralfarmer84
12/04/2006, 03:25 PM
tank really looks like its coming along, as for the tang police-no more tangs for you buddy.

wiszmaster
12/04/2006, 03:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8678243#post8678243 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralfarmer84
tank really looks like its coming along

Thank You! It's been a bit of work so far, but a great learning experience ... so far i haven't killed any fish, some corals due to the large die off i had early on in the system after i added the low salt water (70g or so) ..... hoping to keep the good trend going.

Scott has helped me a bit, maybe not physically, but he's held my hand a few times on the phone & endured my 'dumb' questions at times .... and so have a few others ... .but i'm getting a grip on it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8678243#post8678243 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralfarmer84
as for the tang police-no more tangs for you buddy.

Oh here we go ... lol :)

but yes .. no mroe tangs in this tank .... maybe a small diamond goby .... but thats it.

lisaFL
12/04/2006, 04:47 PM
Nice pics, and yes that tang is gigantic, he doesn't fit under very many rocks.
I like the clownfish hes my favorite. =]

wiszmaster
12/05/2006, 08:43 PM
Yesterday i added a Alveopora sp. - (12 tentacle Goniopora) ... thats if i'm not mistaken ... reall nice piece, on a real nice 3 finger branching rock.

pics maybe tomorrow.

coralfarmer84
12/05/2006, 10:22 PM
you could still add some gobies and blennies to add some movement near the bottom of the tank. just no more large fish, you've got your work cut out filling it with coral anyway :) so you'll be busy with that for some time.

Give me a few weeks to get some more accounts set up and then I'll start cherry picking corals and you'll see some really good looking stuff up at my place, i've just been way to busy with technical bull poop right now. I really want to get some nice looking acros in the store.

wiszmaster
12/05/2006, 11:43 PM
thats alright ... i've done my spending for the next few months ... maybe 1 or 2 more pieces .... but i've already spent more than i should've for this month ... @ least on this hobby.

coralfarmer84
12/06/2006, 12:50 AM
yea i hear ya

wiszmaster
12/19/2006, 02:26 PM
last week i added another goniopora ... pink/lavender color ... very short ... never comes out much more than 1/8" from the rock ... if that @ all - and added a Toadstool ... he's still not standing up straight ... i'm hoping within the next few days he will ... the top is finally extending though. ... traded both of them for the old lights i had laying around.

need to plumb the chiller this week! 220v switched outlet is on the way from Neptune Sys for the ACIII ....

last night i drilled the last hole in the top of the canopy, and added the 2 3" exhaust fans to pull heat from the lights..... they work nice, and blow quite a bit of hot air! also rewired the lights, cleaned up the cables, and made things look a bit cleaner/neater.

tonight if i have time i need to add the 2 additional bulbs i haven't yet, and mount the ballasts in the stand.

ConcreteReefer
12/20/2006, 09:16 PM
Nice..

Hobster
12/21/2006, 11:50 AM
Good luck with the Goniopora. Usually very difficult to keep. Here is a good article that you may find helpful.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-10/nftt/index.php

coralfarmer84
12/22/2006, 10:32 PM
the red ones always take longer to start to extend out, i've had mine for over a year now and doesn't always extend, its like it has a good day then a bad day... cyclopeeze will increase your success of keeping these guys healthy longterm.

wiszmaster
12/22/2006, 11:12 PM
mine is not red though .... mine is pinkish ... and i noticed that it comes out whent he light is out........ extends about 1/4" from the rock ... and just a few of them ...

wiszmaster
12/28/2006, 09:41 PM
Its been a long day ... Hooked up the chiller tonight!

Plumbing ... chiller inlet & outlet are 1 1/2" - my plumbing from pump & to tank are 1" & 3/4" ..... the ran power (220v) & control module (for ACIII - Aqua Controller - Neptunesys)

also tiddied up the area a bit, re-ran the RO/DI lines, all the wires & cables for stuff ...

BUT - tomorrow i get to rip it out again? have a leaking threaded fitting ... not sure how to fix that one yet either ... i can only tighten it by 1/2 a turn, and then all my plumbing is wrong ... considering drying it off, and trying to just run PVC Cement over the fitting in hope that it will seal it? not sure though ...

wiszmaster
12/28/2006, 09:42 PM
the chiller works very well ... ithin 10 minutes it cooled the tank down by .7*F .... its a 1/2 HP on almost 250G water.

wiszmaster
12/28/2006, 11:15 PM
well ... its always easier the second time around ... another 5 gallons down the garage floor & driveway ... tore down the chiller, disassembled the barrel, re-sealed ALL the threads with white tape and reassembled it, hooked it up - NO LEAK!

*cough* should've done that before hooking it up initially ... almost did too ... but almost is as far as i went i guess *cough*