PDA

View Full Version : Psychocoralchopper

LSUtiger
07/09/2002, 08:10 PM
Psychocoralchopper, if you're out there. I'd love to see some updated pics of your 7g nano. The pics I saw on your site look amazing.

In case no one has seen, here is a link to his site (I hope you don't mind Psychocoralchopper):

http://home.earthlink.net/~coralchopper/mini-bow.htm

I'm thinking of getting a 7g for a nano (either that or 120g...no inbetween for me), so I'm curious to see how things have held up over the last 6-7 months in your tank.

Mark

psychocoralchopper
07/10/2002, 10:31 PM
thanks for the kind words :o

been tied up setting up a new 150 gallon FO to give my puffers more room so i haven't had time to take more pictures.

the tank is actually doing very well. a couple of the SPS frags has grown and branched so much that i think it's time to trim them a bit.

hum... between the 7g and the 120g... i'd say, go for BOTH:p

i should have a lot more time in a couple of weeks and will definitely post some pix then.

gilman
07/11/2002, 09:21 AM
Wow, yet another bowfront for inspiration! Great looking tank psycho. I have to agree with LSUtiger......Updated pictures please..... I would also like to see some updated photos of your tank. I'll be looking for them in a couple weeks...... :D

Thanks for the link LSUtiger,

Gil

ronl
07/11/2002, 12:40 PM
Psychocoralchoppers mini-bow was my inspiration also. I think it is the nicest one I've seen so far. The colors are amazing. I'm definitely looking forward to the updaed pics.

Ron

JellyTheory
07/11/2002, 12:46 PM
PCC - Do you still have the PCs lighting the tank? Have you seen good growth and coloration with your SPS with just the PC lighting?

I have a 10 gallon with 2x36 watt PCs and a 20 gallon with 2x55 watt PCs (10k and 03) and a 20 watt actinic on it. Would either of these setups have sufficient lighting for SPS frags to grow in?

Thanks!

-Chris

erik1202
07/13/2002, 10:44 AM
That tank is absolutely sick! If my new 12 Gal project turns out half as well, I will be very pleased. Let's see some new pics.

psychocoralchopper
07/30/2002, 01:13 AM
here are a couple of new pix:

http://home.earthlink.net/~coralchopper/July2002/nano-top00.JPG

http://home.earthlink.net/~coralchopper/July2002/nano01.JPG

:p

have a few more here:

July MiniBow Pix (http://home.earthlink.net/~coralchopper/July2002/)

sorry for the format, haven't had time to update... still working on the canopy for my FO:)

dsb1829
07/30/2002, 11:56 AM
Tank is looking great, but I don't think I would let anyone with a sword go near my nano :D ;) :p

I notice the temperature is close to 84. Is this your normal operating temperature? What kind of fluctuation do you have with the lighting? Just curious. On my 7g I had as bad as an 8* swing before I added some fans for evap cooling. Had a lot to do with ambient temps though.

thanks for the update, have always enjoyed your pages :D

denkigroove
07/30/2002, 05:13 PM
Sup LSUtiger,
Couldn't help but notice your name implies LSU fighting tigers? Well was wondering if you go to LSU as well? I'm a soon to be LSU alumni when i graduate next week.

Baton Rouge lfs just plain suck here, which is a reason of the lack of reefkeepers in the Bayou. Good to know that there's some fellow reefers nearby.

Good Luck with your tank. Keep us updated.

LSUtiger
07/31/2002, 07:33 PM
Psycho, thanks for the updated pics. The tank looks great. I was in petsmart this weekend, and they had a 7g bow that I almost bought. I may go back and get it this weekend. : )

Denkigroove: I graduated from LSU in December of 98. I'm getting old now I guess!! Do you know of anywhere other than Mark's Marine with a decent SW selection around baton rouge? Some guys have given me some names of places in or around new orleans, but I haven't checked them out yet. Congrats on the soon to be diploma. It will feel great to finish. Hey, you don't happen to have 2 tickets to the Va tech game september 1st do you? : ) I'm trying to get my hands on a pair of those, but so is everyone else it appears. Good to see another baton rougean over here. Geaux tigers!

Mark

OscarBeast
07/31/2002, 07:45 PM
Where did the Maxima go?

mattman
07/31/2002, 09:16 PM
I wish PCC would build that canopy for my 7g. I asked him a while back and he said that he wasn't that good of a wood worker....(YEAH RIGHT!). Awesome pics. I wish my 7g looked that good.

psychocoralchopper
08/01/2002, 02:51 AM
thanks for the kind words:o

unfortunately, i did lose the two small maxima clams that i had during a heat wave last summer. the tank was up to 89 degrees!!! the canopy was pretty much fully enclosed.

after that incedent, i added the legs on to the canopy and the temperature is MUCH lower and more stable. in the summer, the temperature stays between 82-84. in the winter, the temperature is very constant at 79-80 degrees. one day, i'll probably get a microchiller for the tank.

LSUtiger, i'd say 'go for it'. these tanks are definitely a lot of fun:)

mattman... unfortunately, i really am not a good woodworker. the short peices of wood that i used to line up the front are not all the same length and the curve is not perfect. i guess the black paint hides the imperfections well:P plus, i'd have to charge you a lot of money because i don't have that many tools and it takes me a whole lot of time to make the canopy :( i'm sure you, or just about anyone, can make a canopy as good or better than mine. plus, make the stuff is half the fun:)