PDA

View Full Version : August 18th (Sunday) meeting at Atlantis Aquarium (Riverhead)

Corpus Callosum
07/08/2002, 09:00 PM
On Sunday, August 18th (2002) we will have one of our first get togethers. Location will be the Atlantis Aquarium in Riverhead. The facility's hours of operation are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. When the aquarium closes, Joe Yaiullo (Curator and Co-Founder of the aquarium) will be able to give us a short tour of the place.

At 5:45 PM everyone will meet in front of the one and only 20,000 gallon reef tank for the tour. If you live nearby the aquarium and/or don't feel like seeing the entire place over again, if you come between 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM, you will be able to get in for free. Anyone coming before 5 ocklock will have to pay admission fees. They do have a Cafe'/snackbar (costs money) or I guess you should be able to bring your own food.

For a map of the actual facility, click on the following link :

http://www.atlantismarineworld.com/amw.cgi/map.html

The admission fees are as follows:

- Adults, $12.50 + tax
- Seniors (62+), $10.00 + tax
- Children (3-11), $10.00 + tax
- Under 3, Free

The address and info:

Atlantis Marine World
431 East Main Street
Riverhead, NY 11901
Tel: 631-208-9200
Fax: 631-208-0466

For directions to get to the location, visit the following link:

http://www.atlantismarineworld.com/amw.cgi/directions.html

If you still are confused on how to get there, email me.

OK NOW IF YOU WANT TO COME:

Please email me at sci33@optonline.net ( or if that doesn't work for some reason, gps600@hotmail.com ), and let me know that you want to come as well as giving me your FULL NAME, and anyone else's name who is coming with you.

I have emailed all those on my LI Reefers list about this post so if you didn't get an email, you weren't on my list - but everyone is welcome to come!

-Mike

Be sure to thank Joe Y. when we see him at the aquarium, and be sure to thank JohnL because he made this forum for us and both went out of their ways for us.

JB NY
07/08/2002, 09:02 PM
Mike, Great Job! I'll be there.

acropora
07/08/2002, 09:11 PM
You can count me In. Thanks Anthony

joefish
07/08/2002, 09:17 PM
YOU DA MAN MIKE!!!:D I'll be there.

Corpus Callosum
07/08/2002, 09:29 PM
Just don't forget to email me your full name. We need to have a list of everyones names just incase security tries to kick us out when they close (not gonna happen), or for those people who want to come in late and get in for free. Email me your full names! thanks.

thanks joe and john

ps, oh and dont forget to check out all other posts in this forum!

zebrasoma17
07/08/2002, 09:47 PM
Way to be Mike!

I'm there.

Thanks.

Al

MIKE NY
07/09/2002, 06:43 PM
Hey Mike,
great job organizing everything....I'm gonna try and make it!
Mike

MikeG
07/10/2002, 03:18 PM
Great job!!!

I will make every effort to attend. I am a medical resident, and do not yet know my schedule more than a few weeks in advance. My full name is Mike Golia.

Thanks! :D

Corpus Callosum
07/15/2002, 12:02 AM
I have these members names already that are coming (if work doesnt get in the way):

MIKE NY
acropora
SaltwaterNovice
fishome25
JB NY
zebrasoma17
joefish
Paul tizz
MikeG
MarkF
Montepora

Any of you guys feel like trading maybe speak to each other in pm's....

taekim78
07/26/2002, 01:01 PM
i will try to make it but its a bit of a drive for me.

tae

Corpus Callosum
07/26/2002, 02:04 PM
Yes it will be for me too, which is why I'm going to be going early and checking out the entire aquarium before we meet at closing time (to make it worth the ride). If you can't make it that's ok, you're not the only one :D .

billsreef
08/11/2002, 07:04 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that the "day job" will actually let me out on a Sunday, or at least a couple of hours early ;)

BTW Mike, I'm going to copy your post to the main forum and make it a sticky when I get home from work tonight ;)

Corpus Callosum
08/12/2002, 09:38 AM
thanks.

Corpus Callosum
08/13/2002, 03:17 PM
important

If you would like to come between 5:00-6:00 and get in for free (as mentioned in the above post), Joe Yaiullo said to go to the members entrance and tell them you are from the "Long Island Reefer's Association" and you should be able to get in for free. Joe will also give the list of everyone's names at the front desk as well (email the above email so I can put your name on the list if you are coming).