PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tort Frags 4 Sale

crazy4acros
11/24/2006, 01:33 PM
Hey all I figured I’d spread some love to my NM peeps! I am willing to frag up my California Blue Torturosa (known for it's extremely navy blue contrast) and here is your chance to own a piece of it. This piece started as a 1 inch aquaculture frag back in March 04, now it has grown into a 8 inch in diameter mother colony that is ready to offer some offspring’s hehee:D

BEFORE

http://home.comcast.net/~ttan/oratort1.jpg

AND NOW

http://home.comcast.net/~ttan/bluetort06.JPG

This has been a very hardy acro grown from a frag under MH lighting. I'm asking $50 ea for a 1/2-1 inch frag. You can find this frag on Frag.org going for the same rate minus the shipping I paid $100 back in 04. PM me if interested or send me a email crazy4acros@yahoo.com.

Thor

seesick
12/03/2006, 12:28 PM
Put me down for one after the holiday's Thor. I've seen that mother colony in person and it is border lined surreal. I'll talk to you soon.

xchrisjb
12/05/2006, 02:06 PM
That's a great looking specimen. I wish I was in a position to get one right now. Better luck next time, right?

moonpower
12/05/2006, 09:35 PM
If we can wait til after holidays I'll get one too.

crazy4acros
12/06/2006, 12:16 PM
You got it guys/gals! Moon no problem i'll be ending this sale at the end of Jan07. Jon if you're ready by then fell free to send me a email.

gregrunningbird
12/09/2006, 10:50 AM
crazy4acros,

I spoke with a mutual friend regarding my absolute envy of the tort, and my absolute humility regarding keeping such a specimen. I am very interested in discussing what you feel is required for keeping this specimen alive; beware that I am only in my 5th month in the reefkeeping hobby and being humbled by the softies!

pm me or talk to you at the next NMOK meeting regarding this issue.

israelnajar
12/09/2006, 11:27 AM
I am interested so long as you have some to offer after the holiday.

crazy4acros
12/09/2006, 11:54 AM
Hey Bird, Pm'ed you. israelnajar yes I’ll keep the sale until end of Jan07. So far 3 yes and 2 maybe. Cool!!! It's nice to see NM venturing into "high end corals". Happy Reefkeeping!

Cheers, Thor

crazy4acros
12/10/2006, 03:29 PM
Hey moonpower, I remember a post you started a while back about RED BUGS. Did you get rid of them? Did you use Intercepter? Well if not, i would recomend getting rid of those dreaded RED BUGS before adding this Blue Tort. I'm sure they will eat up this frag like blueberry cheesecake! Maybe you could use one of those 4 tanks as a tratment tank for new frags before entering your main.

moonpower
12/10/2006, 05:49 PM
yes I'm going to have the 20 gal as a quarenteen tank. I plan on waiting til I'm sure they are gone. I have a friend in phx. that is getting me some interceptor.

seesick
12/10/2006, 06:15 PM
Ya what did you use for the RB? I have heard that getting rid of them can be long and painstaking. Also do you know how you got them? This should be a lesson for everyone be very careful what you put in your tank, and use even MCSBT when you are trading with people you do not know.
how do you care for all the tanks you have? SPS is no joke they require a lot of T.L.C. and as my uncle o’loaf use to say sometime quality is better than quantity. What kind of setup do you have on your SPS tank? (lighting, filtration, exec)

Sorry for the 20 question just interested in how other people do thing and there approach and philosophies. You must be doing something right, every time I try to do more than one tank, one looks nice and the other looks like its been over fished using TNT.

For all you non-loving acronym peep like me.
RB = RED BUGS
T.L.C. = tender loving care
MCSBT = more caution should be taken
TNT = Trinitrotoluene

Your comrade in aquatics

aquafien
12/10/2006, 07:21 PM
SEESICK have you not check moonpowers occupation she is a professional reef keeper, so I am sure her stuff is better than your TNT tank (not your SPS tank that thing is sick)
But you do have a point having to many tank is like having to many girlfriend at some point its going to be trouble, not that you would know anything about having to many girlfriends.
Say hi to all them for me.

crazy4acros
01/03/2007, 01:55 PM
Ok guys i am ending this sale, for those who has replied and are still intersted please send me an Email carzy4acros@yahoo.com so we can arrange for trasaction.