PDA

View Full Version : The orginal homesteader of my 2 year old reef passed on today

Finman
07/06/2002, 07:18 PM
My first fish went to that big reef tank in the sky today, found him floating at the bottom of the tank. I always thought it was pretty cool to still have the very first fish that I put in my reef tank, even after two years. But I guess it just part of the change your going to have as the years go by.

Now if I can just get rid of the blasted hair algae that has gotten a good start in my tank, that would be one welcome change.

rldavis
07/07/2002, 12:27 PM
Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. I know when our original inhabitant (green chromis) goes to the reef tank in the sky we're going to be really sad. :( It's kinda funny how we get so attached to our little fishies, especially the first one we got.

Finman
07/07/2002, 11:42 PM
This fish was a Pseudochromis diadema, and he was a beautiful fish. He had really gotten big and was one of my favorites.

Last night on the Discovery channel I was watching a show on crabs, and my reef tank started blowing bubbles from the sump getting to low. I went over to add some water and noticed something in the front right hand corner of the tank in the dark. When I got my flash light it was the crab from hell that I thought I had gotten rid of 6 months ago. He had grown to over an inch and a half in width. So I got my net and banished him to the sump. This could be the reason that I lost my first fish.

How wierd is that to be watching a show on crabs and find one in your reef tank while your watching the show at 12:00 AM.

rldavis
07/08/2002, 09:27 PM
Man, and I thought it was from natural causes. If anyone knows how hard it is to get rid of the d@#n crabs, it's Don and I. Glad you found the culprit, although I don't know if I would've been as nice to it as you were. :D Sorta ironic about the TV show though, I saw the same one I think. Was it Nigel's Wild World? What I saw was pretty interesting. I've gotta say though, I really don't like those big crabs they kept showing. They really creep me out. Thank goodness we don't get them that big in our tanks, I'd be outta the hobby for sure.:eek:

Becky

Finman
07/09/2002, 04:38 PM
Yep, that was the same show, how would you like to go out to dump the trash at night and those ugly suckers are going in and out of your trash sacks looking for food?