PDA

View Full Version : False percs with a Flame Hawk?!

PunkRawker
07/06/2002, 04:57 AM
Would a flamehawk with a false perc or two be cool together or would they just constantly fight? (25g high)

while i'm at it i should also ask:

Is it better for clowns to be paired off or single?

RyanN
07/08/2002, 01:40 AM
I kept those two fish in a 20 gal for two years before selling the tank. I never witnessed any conflicts between them. The only occasional squabbles in that tank were between the 6 line and the clown.

richardb42
07/08/2002, 12:28 PM
I have a pair of real percs with a flame hawk in a 65g tank. They also sometimes squabble over a patch of rock near a coral the percs adopted, but nothing serious...

Physh1
07/08/2002, 02:39 PM
I would think it would ok if the clowns were in there first. Hawks can get a little teritorial when if gets to small tanks. If the clowns are acclimated first and the hawk added a little later it would minimize any possible problems.

I have seen them get a little fiesty in small tanks with new fish....just my .02 worth...

Cameron

Bearded
07/09/2002, 11:09 AM
What inverts can you keep with a flame hawk? I've heard they'll eat Cleaner shrimp.

Joe

PunkRawker
07/09/2002, 04:23 PM
thanks guys

supposedly hawks will eventually eat any shrimp in the tank, even if they leave them alone at first. I'm not sure about crabs and hermits though, i have a couple emerald crabs i'll be sticking in my 20 when it's ready so i was wondering the same thing....