PDA

View Full Version : WAY OT! Guess what happened here Friday Night?

SueQ
11/19/2006, 08:55 AM
Way off topic, but have to share. Saturday mid-morning one of the neighbors kids comes over and informs me that our fence has been spray painted. I'm thinking maybe a lil' section-but No, these little pukes got the entire span. The entire section you drive by when you come down the street!!
If that isn't bad enough, the kid tells me they got his parent's place to, rather the INSIDE of his Dad's car!! Holy Crap! We live out in BFE! and this is happening! So all told these kids racked up 6 counts of vandalism. They found them that day and got confessions from both of them! Now, we're down to 5 fellony counts of vandalism and one month until their court date. The site is so hideous that Jamie is renting a powerwasher next weekend and cleaning it up himself. Apparently they'll have to pay restitution plus serve community service. Hopefully, they'll get through to those meatheads and this will be the last time they do anything like this!

Mr James
11/19/2006, 07:31 PM
Why does Jamie have to clean it up?? Sue them for a new fence or the amount of $$ to clean it. Was good work or just a bunch of blah nothingness??

OR

Drop the charges if they have any frags for trade!! NO, better yet, make then give you a fully stocked and operational 240g system complete with everything!! Yeah, that's it.

Sorry to be so non-chalant. I'll bet you my paycheck that their worhtless parents won't try to curb the their kids' behavior in the future. This whole topic will bring out the bads side of me, so I will try and stay on the light side of things.

DrHank
11/19/2006, 11:39 PM
Suzi, sorry to hear about your fence. I'd suggest you get some pictures before your husband cleans it up. You also will want to save any receipts for anything you folks need to take care of the fence. You'll want to get reimbursed for your expenses and the time it takes to return your property to it's original condition. You might want to talk to whoever has your homeowners insurance. Your fence is real property and should be covered. Again, sorry to hear of your situation!

IslandCrow
11/20/2006, 12:45 AM
Man, that sucks, what a pain in the. . .well, you know what! That sounds like real good advice from the Doc. At least they caught them, but that doesn't make you and Jamie's job any easier. Well, better that than the car I guess. If anyone ever vandalizes my car, I'll be in jail for sure, because I'll find and murder the little bast. . .brats.

SueQ
11/20/2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks guys! We would both LOVE to see these little punks out here scrubbing the fence with their tongues. BUT, if we want that we'd have to wait until after Christmas when the judge tells them that's what they're going to do. Given that it's the fence that everyone in the neighborhood has to look at everyday, we want to just clean it and be done with it. Not to mention they get to see it everyday they ride by on the school bus. I don't want them to glote in it a day longer than possible. I already got pics of everything and I plan to calculate out each of our hourly rates, plus the water bill, plus the power washer. We have the option of replacing the entire fence and having them pay us that $ which from what I gather is what the PD is using to calculate whether it's misdemeanor or fellony. Taking that into consideration, it'll be fellony charges at a minimum which means that judge will determine how much (min. $500) they will have to pay us for their actions. Plus, they'll be sentenced to community service. I don't know about you guys, but $500 when I was 16 was A LOT of $$. Oh wait, still is:)

Mr James
11/20/2006, 08:23 PM
The money means nothing to them if their parents pay the ransom. This whole thing stinks. We didn't have that happen, but we did have two separate hit and runs on our van. Calls to the local police about the habits of our neighbors have gone on deaf ears. Would you believe I find crack pipes and other paraphanalia in my back yard when I mow the grass. Losers!!

SueQ
11/20/2006, 09:41 PM
See James! You guys need to move to Santa Rosa County;p We don't play games here! In all seriousness, I wonder if they've got someone on the inside of that and are working an angle to pick up someone higher up in that food chain??? In the meantime, it really does suck that you're finding that crap in your yard. Do they rent? Maybe you could drop a line to the rental agency?
The Officer called back today and informed me that since they were 'smart' enough to use gang symbols that they would be smacked with additional community service and a lot less leniency w/ the Judge about the vandalism. I know about where these kids live. Their folks don't have the $$$ to bail them out of this one! Well, unless the court takes Visa, I suppose;p