PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor feedback

RobTop
11/15/2006, 10:15 AM
As we continue to grow so does our sponsor list. This is a very good thing. Unfortunitly we may not always have a great experince with one of these sponsors. And as such we need a way to inform our members of issues that may arrise. On the filp side it would be great to inform members of positive experinces as well. This thread is the place to do that. Please follow some simple common since guidelines.

First please limit posts to experinces based off current experinces. Good or bad experinces from the past need not be shared here. Only ones based off these sponsors supporting us.

Second, stick to the facts and no matter how bad a experince may be, take the high road and be polite about it. Just the facts.

Last thing is the clubs stance on all thi
" Note: These businesses generously offer discounts to club members and Rockford Reefers extend our thanks. However this offer is no guarantee for quality or level of service, advice, or health of items purchased. As with any responsible purchase for your tank, research the item, livestock, and vendor before the purchase for the best results. Feel free to share your experiences in the sponsor feedback thread found on the club forum at ReefCentral.com "

Thanks

RobTop
11/18/2006, 10:51 AM
Alright I'll begin.
Since this thread began I have only made it to Sea Schor. Had hope to get to more, but...
At anyrate Steve had some very nice Superman Monti's great in all respects, size, color, and best of all price. After the RR discount a 2x3" pcs for under $70!!!
He had a few left you might want to check it out. Otherwise I am sure to have some at our frag swap in Febuary.
The handfull of times I have been in his store, always friendly and helpful. Very nice sps selection too. Looking forward to the Dec meeting there.

Bryan89
12/02/2006, 07:38 AM
Okay, I'll go second.

Ocean's Floor is an excellent store. Dave has a huge inventory of excellent corals and is continually expanding. Not as much equipment as Rod's, but he can order anyhting you want.

If you have any additional questions, please ask.

Bryan

RobTop
01/31/2007, 12:04 PM
Over the past few days I have hit 8 not so local LFS. I was working on the advertising of the Frag Fest, and of course cheaked things out. So here is what I found.

Sea Schor, always a good place to swing by. Steve was a little lightly stocked when I was there Saturday, he had a Wisconson club out that morning to clean him out, but I still found something to buy. Plus he is pretty excited about our swap.

Ocean's Floor, Of course things were good here. Picked up a yellow choris wrasses, and a zoa rock that was covered in poylps. This thing is 8"x4" and well over 200 poylps. Most of which are purple moon palys. And the price was very nice. Now I saw a simerlar size rock at one of the other store that was priced over $300 I always knew Dave had great prices, but forgot how great till I saw some other store pricing.

Aquatic Reef, this was the first time in the store, very nice guy, quite knowledgeable too. They had a decent selection of sps, left with one very nice acro, but could have easily left with more. Good store! And they now offer Rockford Reefers a 10% discount! Since it is the closest store to I-90 I think I will stop by more often on the way home from work!

Sho Tanks, this was also my 1st time in there. At the CMAS swap my table was next to Matt, so I got to speak with him a little bit. He had a danae that was white with purple poylps. Sweet looking piece that I should have just bought at the swap. Lucky for me he still had it...now I have it. Sho Tank is about an hour and a half from my house. Well worth the trip. Of course to make the trip worth while I will have to hit other stores along the way, but I will certainly go back.

Exotic Aquatic, Thier selection of sps is getting much better. One thing I like about the store is the way it is set up. This tank is $70 corals, this one $60, that one $50 so on and so forth. It bugs me when stores don't put prices on the tank and you have to ask about every piece. It makes me feel like the price is subject to change hourly. Which I guess it might depending on how often a customer is in there. So back to EA they have a good selection of SPS and some form areas you don't see to often (Sayban sorry miss spelled) Also lots of exotic fish. While everything is priced, I think some of them where in the wrong tank!

Beyond the Reef...I once say a thread titled beyond belief. I haven't been in that store since last April, I now remember why.

Advanced Aquatic, Gleen is a great guy. I haven't been in his store in well over a year. But he remembers my name, where I live and what company I work for. It's nice when stores through that personal touch on things. Lots of show size corals, and a sweet black tang, that is the size of my hand. You might want to get a second morgage before you go. Things were pretty expensive. SPS frags for $32. It was a nice size frag, and not some speacial LE. Why pay $32 for a frag when you can get a colony at any one of the 1st 4 stores for $10-$20 more. They also had zoa rocks priced over $500, a couple of them. They were nice bullseye zoas, but if I am buying 100 poylps I am not paying $5 each poylp!

So if my opinion matters at all your next LFS road trip should have you head all the way out to Sho Tank, on the way back hit Sea Schor. Hop on I-90 and start back to Rockford, get of at 31 to hit Aquatic Reef, shoot up 31 to 62 so you can swing over to Ocean's Floor, then on your way down Randall stop at Exotic Aquatic.

chucknsheila
02/01/2007, 05:32 PM
Where is Sho tank?

RobTop
02/26/2007, 10:16 AM
Mundeline