PDA

View Full Version : Aqua safe ro/di

fkdenton
11/14/2006, 03:08 PM
I just bought a used aqua safe ro/di system today. Anyone have experiance with them. I will need to get filters before long and it had no instructions or anything. I went to thier website www.aquasafecanada.com but not alot of help. Anyone with experiance with these let me know.

lcashman
11/14/2006, 08:55 PM
I also bought an aqua safe system.
What questions do you have?

philagothos
11/14/2006, 09:09 PM
I bought a used Aqua-Safe a couple years ago. I could only get 3-4 TDS out of it, until I replaced the DI with good stuff. Now I get 3-4 out of the RO and 0 out of the DI. The FilterGuys hooked me up with the filters, they had the best prices I could find. If you want to change to vertical DI, I have some extra fiter housings (white, not see-through).

-Kevin H.

hounddog01
11/14/2006, 09:16 PM
I have the aqua safe also. My tds is about 8 out of the RO. I do not have a DI but I want to get one. Do the filter guys have the DI equipment?

philagothos
11/14/2006, 09:48 PM
Yea, they have DI stuff too. They have everything you need for RO/DI. They are hobbiests and RC sponsors as well. I'm having trouble getting their website to come up, but I think it's www.filterguys.biz.

They offer color changing and non-color changing DI. I chose the non-changing because it is suppose to be capable of producing absolute 0 TDS (18 mega-ohm) water, whereas the color changing will show 0 TDS on most meters, but is ~10 mega-ohm (not quite perfect, but darn close).

I think the Filter Guys are in MN (could be wrong), so they are reasonably close and shipping times are pretty fast.

HTH,
-Kevin H.

Benny Z
11/14/2006, 11:29 PM
i bought an ebay ro/di a couple of years ago and went through di like crazy. i recently switched the membrane to a filmtech 98% rejection membrane and now i get a steady 2 tds before the di. imo, it's all about the membrane.

philagothos
11/15/2006, 08:04 AM
My several-years-old Aqua Safe is getting roughly 97-98% rejection. But, from what I hear there are huge variences in the membranes used by Aqua Safe. Some guys get 98% like me, others barely get 90%. I just count myself as one of the lucky ones.