PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for another fish order?

IslandCrow
11/12/2006, 04:52 PM
Saltwaterfish.com is having a shipping special. Fedex shipping is free with a minimum order of only $79. The best news (at least for me) is that they have the fanged blenny and GSM I've been trying to get, and both at very reasonable prices. Anyway, if anyone else is interested, let me know. I'm in for up to $55, so I'd need at least one other person looking for at least $24 worth of livestock. James, I may have to impose upon your wife again to take the delivery, unless I can get them to just hold the order at Fedex for me to just pick up after work.

DrHank
11/12/2006, 08:04 PM
Mike, you can count me in for 3 emerald crabs and a coral banded shrimp. That's $21 worth of livestock. We need one more interested individual. What do you say James? Any Chirstmas money left?

DrHank
11/12/2006, 08:12 PM
Mike don't forget that they charge $9.99 handling charge and 6% FL tax as well. They're still reasonable. I've ordered from them twice and have been very satisfied with their livestock.

60Cubed
11/12/2006, 08:50 PM
i am in for a purple tang and a yellow tang. so that should put you over the top. LMK when you will order. both are 2" fish. @ 1.99 for a yellow tang who could resist!
lance

Mr James
11/12/2006, 09:09 PM
We can take the delivery here. Tues/Wed are good all day and Mon, Thurs, Fri are good after noon. As for me, I am out of money until my lottery check arrives, or my pension, whichever comes first.

DrHank
11/12/2006, 09:12 PM
Mike go ahead and change the coral banded shrimp to 5 peppermint shrimp. Sounds like we're a go.

60Cubed
11/12/2006, 09:21 PM
LMK if you need my money up front. don't want to get "left out!" just messin' with james! but seriously i will get you the money first if needed.
lance

60Cubed
11/12/2006, 09:55 PM
also, add a filament flasher wrasse to my order. be kinda neat to have i think.
lance

DrHank
11/12/2006, 10:02 PM
Same here Mike just let me know. James, what can I say, I agree with Lance. It's fun to mess with you!

IslandCrow
11/13/2006, 08:30 PM
Alright, it sounds like we're a go. Would a Thursday delivery work for everyone? I can put the order in tomorrow. As for money, you can just pay me when you pick your stuff up. I can take care of the $10 handling charge. That's fairly insignificant with free shipping. OK, here's what I have for everyone, so let me know if there are any errors:

Doc: 3 emerald crabs and 5 peppermint shrimp
Lance: 1 purple tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 filament flasher wrasse (cool fish!)

As of 30 seconds ago, it looks like everyone's stuff is in according to the website. I'll phone in the order to make sure I have the current status of everything. I'm guessing everyone will be good with me getting just part of your order if they're out of stock of anything, so let me know if that doesn't work. Also, if they're out of stuff to the point that we don't have the minimum order for the free shipping, I'll hold off.

IslandCrow
11/13/2006, 08:32 PM
Yeah, $2 for that tang, that's awesome! I'm almost tempted to get one myself, but it would outgrow my 46g very quickly.

Mr James
11/13/2006, 08:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8532196#post8532196 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 60Cubed
LMK if you need my money up front. don't want to get "left out!" just messin' with james!

Oh sure, beat up on the guy who has to cash in his son's college money to fill an order.

Oh and Dr, Hank, since you can alter my spine in good ways and bad, I'll make fun of you when you retire.

Are all tangs $2.00?? Wow, great price if so. Hope it all works our for you guys. Now, where was I?? Oh yeah, I was digging through my piggy bank looking for anything silver!!!

IslandCrow
11/13/2006, 09:08 PM
By the way, I do have a quarantine tank, so if you need me to hang onto the fish for a day or two, that's fine. The tangs aren't going to be very happy in a 10g, but they'll be fine for a short period stay.

60Cubed
11/13/2006, 09:35 PM
do check and see if they have the tangs. i need both of them to be delivered at the same time. they have to go into the tank together so one doesn't have a territory. i'll take the purple without the yellow, but not visa versa. truthfully, i'd like to have them at the same time so..... if they don't have them both just get me the wrasse. just let me know when they will be here. had to mess with you a bit james! i got a frag of a cali blue tort! one of the most awsome colors i've ever seen. i got a green milli, cali blue tort, a green and maroon blasty and a red blasty for $78 shipped to my door! they are all frags, but who cares! i bought the green palys so if anyone wants one they are $27 each. that includes $2 each for shipping. they are nice. if no one wants them, i will keep them all for myself. but anyone does LMK.

lance

DrHank
11/13/2006, 09:44 PM
Mike, definately a go here. Thursday delivery would be just fine. James, I'm allready retired, and it's only the yellows that are $2 but yellow is a pretty color. So is silver and green. Good luck with the piggy bank!

IslandCrow
11/13/2006, 10:29 PM
Cool, we're on for Thursday then! I'll put the order in first thing tomorrow morning. Lance, I'll make sure they have both tangs in. If not, I'll just get you the wrasse. I'm glad I asked. I forgot that about tangs.

I'm going to have the fish held at Fedex, so they aren't sitting in a delivery truck all day, since no doubt Crestview is last on their delivery list. Hopefully they'll arrive in the morning, and I'll just take an extended lunch break to bring them back home and float them. Otherwise, I'll pick them up after work. If they arrive in the morning, and either of you are available around lunch time, you could pick them up right away. Otherwise, I should be back home around 5:00 if I make the lunchtime run to Fedex, or 6:00 if I have to go after work. If you guys PM me a good phone number and/or email address, I can track the package Thursday morning and let you know the plan. Hopefully that all makes sense. . .

IslandCrow
11/14/2006, 12:56 AM
Lance, bad news. I just went back to go ahead and place the order online and just follow it up with a phonecall tomorrow, but much to my surprise, but they were sold out of not one, but all three of the fish you wanted! I went ahead and placed the order, since between me and the Doc, we had enough for the free shipping. If there's anything you'd like to substitute, let me know, and I'll see if I can get them to add it (although I can't seem to find a phone number). Post it here, by the way, and not in a PM. I can't log into my account from work. . .something about government computers for official business only and all that. It's like they want the taxpayers to get their money's worth from us or something.

Doc, it looks like everything you wanted was in stock, so the order's placed, and I've requested a Thursday delivery.

60Cubed
11/14/2006, 01:00 AM
thats my luck! i'll check and see but not likely though.
lance

60Cubed
11/14/2006, 01:02 AM
850-232-3790 sshwtme@bellsouth.net LMK

lance

DrHank
11/14/2006, 07:51 AM
Work 683-0000, Home 251-650-1085, cell 368-3100 jhankdc@yahoo.com

60Cubed
11/14/2006, 09:00 AM
hey, put me in for a lemon peel angel. i think they are $25. LMK if they have it when you place the order.
lance

IslandCrow
11/14/2006, 09:27 PM
I could not find a phone number for them anywhere on the website, but I think I have your angelfish added to the order. Cross your fingers.

FLricordia
11/14/2006, 09:32 PM
Mike. Hey man, how's everything that way? Same here.
I would like to get 2 of their lettuce nudis @$4.99 each if you are still taking orders and 4 green rics @ $7.99 each and I will pay half the fuel charge or whatever they call it. I could meet up with you to give you the cash or paypal it to you. Do they mix fish and coral orders?

DrHank
11/14/2006, 10:17 PM
There system is pretty easy, if the item has an add to cart button it's availible. If it's "wish list" they are out of stock. I lost the 2" Saddleback Butterfly (he never would start to eat) followed their return instructions and they issued me a replacement code for a future order on the day the fish arrived at their business. If there's an add to cart button tomorrow when Mike places the order, the item will be here Thursday. By the way, the lettuce nudis are really cool. I got two of them on my last order with these folks.

IslandCrow
11/15/2006, 06:23 PM
OK, the order has been shipped. I'm sorry, Mike, but I wasn't able to get your addition in time. Lance, I'm still uncertain whether or not your angelfish got added. Basically, the way you update an order is by adding a comment to your order status online. It seems they don't go back and update your order information or send you any sort of correspondence confirming they made the change. Anyway, I've sent them an email, but I guess I'll just have to contact you tomorrow when I find out one way or another.

Speaking of which, here's the plan. It turns out my Thursday is going to be a bit busier than expected, so there is 0 chance that I'll be able to take a long lunch and bring the fish home early. I should be home around 5:00-5:30. I can give you guys a call when I'm on my way home, and it's about 30 minutes from door to door. I'll PM you both directions to my house.

IslandCrow
11/15/2006, 06:24 PM
Oh, the tracking number for the order is: 908406191322 (FEDEX).

DrHank
11/15/2006, 06:38 PM
Sounds good Mike!