PDA

View Full Version : ReefCentral has an Okinawa section..?

teto_78
11/11/2006, 11:42 AM
Just found this section, I'm actually pretty new to the hobby as well. I got a 5 gallon PetBox special as a gift, and been hooked ever since.

Now I have a 42 gallon which I'm setting up currently. I'm having the Lagoon guy build me a Sump/Refugium out of acrylic. And will build from there. Anyways, I'm SOOOO glad to have found this section.

Things I'm interested in with this NEW discovery...?

Frags !!!!

Local shops (only know of PetBox, Makemon, Lagoon, and the Coral farm in Awase)

Meeting up to Snorkel (don't know of any good spots)

My Livestock:

2 RazorFish I netted at Kadena Marina

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/gonzoman_78/Pipefish.jpg

two Hermits my 5 yr old picked up

4 snails that my 3 yr old picked up

A sand Goby

And about 5 lbs of live rock.

vest0830
11/11/2006, 11:47 AM
Welcome. We set this up about....8 months ago or so. Sift through the threads, lots of information about shops around the area and such. (in the bottom right corner of the pages you can make the searches go back furthur. click "from the beginning")

If you havent givin the man at the lagoon $$ for the sump, don't. We can hook you right up for pretty cheap (price of materials). (unless you want it soon)

As for frag trades, a few of us are tearing down and setting tanks up so you shouldnt have any problems getting a frag or 2.

Again, Welcome!

-frank

Dastank
11/11/2006, 08:29 PM
Glad you found us! If you’re looking for something or want some advice let us know. I always post my ideas here, discuss it, modify them and then start into my project.

As far as fraging goes, here's a post of my frag experiment:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=918108

I'm itching to get out snorkeling myself so if you want to go next week end lets start making plans.

Are you in Frank?

Mike

teto_78
11/11/2006, 09:01 PM
Count me in, Saturday or Sunday...?

vest0830
11/12/2006, 06:24 AM
Am I in....pfff.....all you gotta do is call me Mike!

Lets go somewhere OTHER than where we go.

vest0830
11/12/2006, 05:58 PM
Ohh yeah, I am working on building a "okinawa saltwater gang" website/forum to encompas all saltwater activities. That will get done when I stop finding stuff to do all the time. Now that we might be leaving within months, we are trying to do everything that we have wanted to do all in a matter of a few months.

jeffb3t
11/13/2006, 05:48 AM
Teto, Welcome to the "gang"!!

Frank, Glad to hear you are working on the site.