PDA

View Full Version : Seahorse.org help?

MarkS
07/01/2002, 02:58 PM
OK, I go to www.seahorse.org to get to the forums. I did not think there would be ANY problems. Wrong!

There are only four links on the main page. Two are sponcers, one is a link to the host site and one is a pic. No link to the forums ANYWHERE!

So, I do a search. I tried "forum", "forums", 'BB", "UBB", "discussion" and "board". At best all I could get were references to the BB at best.

What the heck is going on? Why is it so hard to get to? Can't there be a direct link to the BB from the main page?

Mark

tiger roach
07/01/2002, 03:16 PM
Hi Mark. The forums are under Community>Discussion.

seahorses.org forums (http://www.seahorse.org/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi)

MarkS
07/01/2002, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the link!

I still think that the link should be available directly from the main page. I mean, how does anyone else even know of the forums if there is no reference to them and no link?

Mark

Apisto
07/03/2002, 02:40 PM
Mark,
Place your cursor arrow on the "Community" tab on the main page. You will get a drop-down menu that includes "Discussions".
Click on that and you are there!

MarkS
07/03/2002, 11:43 PM
That's what I was afraid of...

The menus only work correctly on a Windows machine. On my Mac the menus did not display correctly. All of the menus were layed out flat on the window like every menu and sub-menu were selected at the same time. You could click on some of the menu items, but there was no indication of which ones worked. It was a pure guessing game an more than half of the menu items did nothing at all when clicked.

My monitor is broke, so I am using WebTv. There are NO menus showing up with WebTV. At all... :( I am sure there are some really confused Web-TV users out there that were directed to the site and find only a picture, brief description of the site and four links to basically nothing.

It appears to be a poorly writen piece of HTML or Java code.

I know that some of the admins of Seahorse.org visit here and at least one of them is a mod on this forum. Could those menus be replaced by standard HTML menus or proven Java script code?

Thanks,
Mark

ranaman
07/04/2002, 06:42 AM
FWIW I have no problem accessing the site on my mac with netscape 6.1 or IE. Netscape 6 at first didn't show the banner ads but it seems this problem has been corrected.

DrMilhouse
07/05/2002, 09:36 PM
What browser version where you using to access seahorse.org?

MarkS
07/06/2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by DrMilhouse
What browser version where you using to access seahorse.org?

Version 5 which was the latest version at the time for the Mac. I even downloaded the "latest" version from Microsoft because of this problem. Unfortunatly, it turned out to be the same version. :( 4 hours wasted!

I had the same problem with Netscape, BTW, but never bothered to try and update Netscape. It just sucks too much as a browser to mess with.

Mark

ranaman
07/06/2002, 07:36 PM
I think I found your problem! Try this URL http://seahorse.org
It works on my mac with both IE 5 and netscape 6.2 I tried an old version of netscape and had some problems but could access the board found the URL i'd bookmarked was http://www.seahorse.org
You might be accessing an old URL . Both work fine for me but might be your problem with IE-5 BTW I'm using OS 9.

DrMilhouse
07/06/2002, 07:39 PM
if you haven't already done so, restore all the default settings in IE and set your security to Medium. If you need instruction for that, let me know... just send me an email to drmilhouse@attbi.com

I'm support for a broadband ISP that is the first thing I would check as it may have something to do with scripting being turned off or something. Do you have difficulties with other sites?