PDA

View Full Version : looking for a 120ish complete setup

gamillers
11/05/2006, 08:42 AM
Dimensions must be 72 long by 18 front to back or 60x18. It must have built-in overflows and sit flush against the wall. Ideal setup would come complete with cabinet, canopy (cherry or pine, not black), ro/di, fuge, pumps, lights, liverock .... Am willing to pickup within a five hour or so driving radius. I am located in Atlanta metro area.

Mr James
11/05/2006, 11:10 AM
Be sure to post in the N. and S. Carolina forums. And be ready to pay a fiar amount for your complete wish list!! Have you looked at the For Sale Forum too??

Dxtr's tank is really nice, I don't know why you wouldn't want that?!? He has it drilled for a real nice closed loop and a simple overflow. Remember that if you set you tank flush to the wall, devices like Sea Swirls and various other wavemaking and pump devices will be impossible to install, maintain and remove for replacement/repair/upgrade. Dxtr's tank could set out from the wal a few inches and still accomplish what you are looking for. Anymore, people are moving away from the internal overflow boxes because they take up a lot of room and are not needed. You could install an Anthony Calfo-Style Overflow (a Coast-to-Coast Overflow) with Dxtr's existing tank. See here for what I am talking about: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=473152&perpage=25&pagenumber=1 There is a guy in our forum that is wanting to build a 90g with an A. Calfo style overflow. It maximizes the scum removal from the surface.

gamillers
11/05/2006, 12:22 PM
Hey James,

I've only been researching things for a couple of months now, but it seems to me the internal overflows are the way to go. Everything is nicely kept in the bottom cabinet and easily accessible.

Dxtr has an absolutely beautiful tank according to the pictures I have seen. I was hoping that he had internal overflows, but he doesn't, otherwise I would have purchased it.

A women in Birmingham just sold my ideal setup, just missed it by a few day. So, I will continue to look.

I haven't seen much activity on the North and South Carolina forums, but I will keep an eye out.

Thanks for the info!

SueQ
11/05/2006, 12:27 PM
GaMillers-
I saw Brett's (DXTR) tank yesterday and I must say, while I'm real big on internal overflows, I absolutely LOVE the way his tank is drilled! It is very professional, the type of setup you might see in a top notch LFS. I wish I had the room and the $$ for to bring it home.
FWIW.

60Cubed
11/06/2006, 10:42 PM
my first tank had an internal overflow. i could never get it quiet enough. my next tank had a external overflow. that made me nervous. if it ever lost the syphon. oh man! my third tank was drilled in the back for an external drain with two 15g dump buckets for flow.( reckin' sum people call em surge buckets uh huh but i call em dump buckets uh huh!) since i had the back drilled and closed loops on my past two tanks, i will always have this set up. i think, IMHO, it is the best way to set up a tank. as little in the tank as possible. makes it look better as well. that's MPO for what it's worth.
lance