PDA

View Full Version : Coral for Trade

goldfin
06/28/2002, 12:29 PM
I live East of Redmond and have a Nephthyigorgia, sometimes called a soft cactus coral. It is a bright red show sized animal. It does not come out to feed in my display tank, but fully extends and feeds in my quarantine tank. I think the reason is that I have a very large skimmer and lots of nutrient export in the display tank. This coral seems to prefer a more constant nutrient load in the water. According to Eric Borneman's reply to me, it can tolerate some light (although can do fine in darkness) and probably prefers strong current. It is a beautiful coral, but I am not willing to put up with less skimming in my tank to accomodate it, so I would like to trade it in the Puget Sound area if anyone is interested.

Periclimenes Lover
06/28/2002, 03:41 PM
How tall is the coral? I have a nice not too brightly lit 20 gal refugium with a pipefish in it. In my main tank I have room also but my lighting my be too bright, I have 220 watts pc half actinic/half daylight and one 30w NO actinic. I'd have to admit... my tanks don't have the most pristine water, I tend to overfeed so it sounds like this coral would do well. I have a few small softies in my tanks that are all growing fast, seven fish total, and about 75 lbs of live rock. My main tank is 55 gal. Sounds like this coral would require DT's also? What are you looking to get for the coral? I don't have a lot to trade... I've only gotten some corals in the last few months and they are all pretty small still and I haven't attempted fragging yet. I have a small bunch of xenia, some green hairy mushrooms, or some green star polyps I could frag.

goldfin
06/28/2002, 05:51 PM
Including the rock that it's attached to, the coral is about 6 inches tall and 8 inches wide.

My first choices for trade would be a nicely colored bubble coral, cynarina, or clove polyps. I'm more interested in nice colors than size.