PDA

View Full Version : Any Banggai cardinal breeders ?

Siddroww
06/27/2002, 07:40 AM
I would like to buy a pair of banggai cardinals. I can't find anyplace on the net to order a pair and can't find any locally. I have read that it is hard to sex them and dont want to try the hit and miss method. Any info on private breeders or if you know of any internet marine dealers that sell pairs could you please give me the Info. I live in central Ohio but would be more than willing to pay any shipping costs and handling charges .

FMarini
06/27/2002, 08:17 AM
inlandaquatics.com sells both indivdual and pairs. All the animals are captive bred

Siddroww
06/27/2002, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the tip. The real nice thing is they are right next doof in Indiana. I might even take a drive out and save the shipping. Sounds like it would be a pretty cool place to check out .

Siddroww
06/27/2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Siddroww
The real nice thing is they are right next doof in Indiana.

Yea right next doof . Next door.:)

ReefMD
06/27/2002, 04:17 PM
I purchased both of my breeding pair from Inland and have been extremely satisfied. Both pair have already bred at least once.
Tim

Gailen
06/28/2002, 11:51 AM
Just curious as I just got a mated pair from a LFS (someone traded them in) and was wondering how long before they might get comfortable enought to start. I have them in a community tank right now but thought about giving them a tank of their own to make them a little more secure.

TIA

Siddroww
06/28/2002, 12:05 PM
TIA Here is some usefull information. I have been reading up on breeding them .

http://www.eparc.com/banggai/fmarini/banggai_talk.htm

Gailen
07/01/2002, 06:27 PM
TIA = Thanks In Advance :D

But thanks for the link i printed it for the library or thats what I call it anyways.

ReefMD
07/01/2002, 08:45 PM
A breeding pair should not take too long, maybe a month or so, to settle in. Just make sure that their tankmates are not harassing them.
BTW, here is a picture of my male holding eggs.

ReefMD

Siddroww
07/02/2002, 09:48 AM
Sorry Gailen , I thought tia was your name. I go Under siddroww but sometimes sign my real name to a thread.
John