PDA

View Full Version : meeting 10/20/06

Mrs_Witchdoctor
10/21/2006, 12:50 PM
Hi all,

First thank you all for coming last night! We were very pleased to see such a good turnout and look forward to seeing you all again next month at Southwest Reef Company.

Brief meeting minutes:
We have by-laws, constitution, and a privacy policy almost ready. All three are being fine tuned to be released at the next meeting.
Alex did a great job with the preliminary newsletter, the final copies will be ready very soon. Alex thanks for all your hard work on that. It turned out very nicely.
We had two special guests with us last night. Warm welcome to both. Leroy is a volunteer at the Albuquerque Aquarium and he's helping us get connected for possible meetings over there and group tours for the club. He's also been an aquarist for quite some time and has 16 tanks in total! I believe that's a record... From my conversations with Leroy he'll be a wonderful resource for many different topics on aquariums.
Rob's attendance was very much appreciated. His store is looking at opening in the next couple weeks which I think is greatly anticipated by all! Since most of us know Rob there is not much else needed to say. He's a great resource for all of us and his knowledge and experience couldn't be more welcome. We are very happy to support Rob and his new store grand opening in any capacity!
A very warm welcome to the three SPSers in attendance last night; it was great to meet all of you and we look forward to having you be part of the group. They come to us from a smaller informal group that has been working on their own with many great ideas and are very knowledgable.
A very warm welcome to two new hobbiests; in the hobby for only a couple of months each and very smart already! We offer our support to you also in any capacity they are both off to a great start already and I think in no time they'll be writing articles for our help section!
Finally a very warm welcome and thanks to our sailing friends with the "1/2 gallon nano goldfish tank" who are with us to offer support of the mission of the club. We thank you!
The next meeting will be on November 17th at Southwest Reef Company after Rob's opening! Thank you Rob we can't wait! Time is not set for right now.
I'm sure Alex has some things to add so again warm welcomes to all and keep in touch. We're here to support all of you and welcome new ideas! Thanks again,

Happy tanks, Mr & Mrs_W

isotope21
10/25/2006, 04:24 PM
Wow, I'm glad I opened the "Club Forums" section... might never have found the group otherwise! Look forward to meeting many of you at the next meeting and reacquainting with good ol Rob at the new store.

Background on me: Pete, been reefing since Aug 02, 110g mixed reef currently. Have a new 180 acrylic from Tenecor sitting dry in the garage awaiting the opportunity to replace the 110. Have an E. paradivisa (frogspawn) that's the size of two large canteloupes. I'd love to frag half of it (each piece w/ 4 or 5 polyps) for trade at the meeting if there's any interest?

What time is the meeting?

Cheers,
Pete

asfullax
10/25/2006, 05:10 PM
Glad to have another on board! :D

We usually meet around 6pm.

I know I am always looking for frags but I don't have much to trade other then a few small purple digita's and MAYBE a pulsing singalaria but thats pretty iffy.

Mrs_Witchdoctor
10/25/2006, 05:34 PM
welcome isotope21,

we'd be interested... depending on the size of the frag we could offer: furry mushroom, xenia, green stripe or green spotted mushroom, orange or purple mushroom, or a piece of hydnophora. Let us know and we'll bring to the meeting!

Look forward to meeting you! Mrs_W