PDA

View Full Version : A Not So Novel Idea

AslanTheKing
10/19/2006, 10:40 PM
In that it is right and reasonable that Reef Central has limits to what can and cannot be discussed

In that BNARC is a presence upon, but should not be limited to Reef Central

In that BNARC may in fact have issues that need to be discussed beyond the realm acceptable to Reef Central

I submit for your perusal and good pleasure a not so novel idea:

I have established a yahoo email group for the club to use should we find ourselves having to reach beyond the reasonable constraints of RC. This group is not intended to replace this forum on RC, but to supplement it. If I have gone way overboard, I will gladly disband said group at the behest of our elected officers.

If you wish to become a part of this e-mail group, please submit your RC screen name, your real name, your location and your membership status: Paid, unpaid, or non-member.

Peace

Kevin

PS~ Those should be submitted to my personal e-mail: kevrobb@verizon.net

Who overcomes
By force, hath overcome but half his foe.
John Milton, Paradise Lost, Book i, Line 648

Benny Z
10/19/2006, 10:53 PM
we will have a private forum up and available at www.bnarc.com soon.

not trying to take away from what rc provides us or anything, but this will allow us some more flexible means of communications. things may get a little confusing if we get too many lists going.

also, i have updated the temporary site with a paypal "buy now" button for those who wish to become members via that method.

hounddog01
10/19/2006, 10:55 PM
Kevin,

I thank you for your efforts. I believe we have a listing of this nature and I submit to you we are very aware of any and all activity. We are conserned that there are many questions that need answers. As with all situations it will take some time to resolve.

I would ask for paitents for a short period of time and let your elected officials sort out all the information we have. We will in a reasonable time disiminate all confirmed information. We will then post a thread to the membership.

I would ask all BNARC members to please have paitents. The board will fully disclose all confirmed information.

Thank you to everyone.

Brad
BNARC Treasurer.

brad23
10/19/2006, 11:04 PM
Kevin thank you for your efforts but this is all being worked out behind the scenes.

Please contact the board of directors before you make a post like this so we can discuss how to go about something of this matter. .

Thanks

Brad

AslanTheKing
10/19/2006, 11:08 PM
Easy enough. I have seen the ugly side of this forum in the last few days and acted hastily, but with good intent. Beyond the matter which we cannot discuss, I've noticed a number of threads pulled. Granted, as I said earlier, it well within the rights of the site. I just don't think as a club we need to be confined to discuss only what is RC kosher. That, combined with some recent experiences raised my hackles, thus the really idiotic use of vocabulary. I'll happily kill the yahoo group, but I think this incident really puts us on notice that we need an alternate way of communicating outside of RC.

Peace

Kevin

Who overcomes
By force, hath overcome but half his foe.
John Milton, Paradise Lost, Book i, Line 648

hounddog01
10/19/2006, 11:12 PM
I agree. We have some good people working on the BNARC.com web site. Hopefuly we will have something up and running very soon. We have all the pieces in place and are working to have a place for members to receive information that can not be posted on RC.

brad23
10/19/2006, 11:13 PM
As mentioned this will all be taken care of soon, just keep your eyes open we are working very hard to get everything going.

AslanTheKing
10/19/2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all your hard work guys! Forgive my hotheaded attempt to intercede.

Peace

Kevin