PDA

View Full Version : 10 Gallon Reef Setup For Sale...

Brooklyn8
10/17/2006, 06:33 PM
Hello, I have decided to take a break from reefing for now, so I am selling my current setup. It is a 10 gallon TruVu acrylic aquarium, but I have recently discovered that it is not structurally sound anymore. I removed a small amount of the bracing to fit a hang on the back fuge on the tank, and now a few months down the road I have noticed the middle brace beginning to bend. So the tank itself will have to be repaired before it is used again. You will need to use your own 10 gallon AGA or similar for now. Now heres the breakdown with my current estimated value:

Bent TruVu aquarium ($?)
Ecosystem HOB refugium with in-tank overflow, with Rio powerhead and 10W light ($80)
80W Satellite Compact Flourescent Lighting ($50)
Various Accesories- Extra powerhead, heater, food, supplements, etc. ($30)

Pair of Onyx Clowns ($110)- these guys came from Rod's Reef a few months ago. They are still juveniles. The smaller of the two has a unique bar pattern which looks like an upsidedown "L"
Firefish Goby($10)- very social for a firefish, always out in the front of the tank.
Various Corals($100)- Including a frogspawn, small torch, zoanthid colony, green-brown polyp colony, pulsing xenia, orange mushroom, and a colony of rare bright green button polyps.
10~ish lbs of Liverock($25)
Live Sand($10)
Cleanup Crew- 3 snails, 3 hermits.($10)

So all seperate everything comes to: $425. I don't even want to think about how much this all cost new.

I would like to sell the setup as a package deal for $350. I will even include 2 5 gal buckets to tranport the live stock, and I will help you take down the tank.

Right now I am not seperating anything. I will seperate items if it does not sell as a package deal, which is quite possible.

Thanks for looking!

Picture #1 (http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9053/reef1wo9.jpg)

lcashman
10/17/2006, 06:53 PM
Sorry to see you sell the tank....I think it looks awesome!!!

Brooklyn8
10/17/2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks lcashman! Right now my plan is to start over next semester with a new tank hopefully when I get some more free time/money.

lcashman
10/17/2006, 07:11 PM
LMK if/when you decide to part out...interested in the livestock (fish and corals).

Vitaly
10/17/2006, 09:18 PM
Brooklyn8,

Sorry to see you go...you had one of the nicer nano set-ups that I have seen. If you do part things I would be interested in the live rock, clean-up crew and the xenia. I am at UofI and live in Champaign.

Best of luck to you...

philagothos
10/17/2006, 09:29 PM
If you decide to part out and lcashman doesn't want the Firefish, I'd be interested.

-Kevin

Brooklyn8
10/23/2006, 02:19 AM
Hello, I decided to part out the tank. I have sold most of the stuff to the first 2 people I got in contact with. Anyway, I still have a few corals and stuff I'll let go for a real deal. I've got:

-Orange mushroom with feather duster on the rock
-Small torch coral
-Brown with some green button polyps
-Two pieces of "dinosaur" rock
-Cleanup crew of 3 hermits and 3 snails

So feel free to contact me and you can stop by and make me an offer on anything / everything! What I have left by this weekend goes to Sailfin's, and you'll have to pay alot more to get it there! lol.

brad23
10/23/2006, 07:37 AM
Let me know if the clowns come back up for sale.

MattAranda
10/23/2006, 11:27 AM
What are the prices of the items, what do you want for the cleanup crew? What is the "dinosaur" rock, just the basic live rock?

Brooklyn8
10/23/2006, 01:14 PM
In the order above, how about:

$5
$10
$10
$10
$8

Or everything for $35. Dinosaur rock is liverock that is egg shaped, and has alot of pink coraline on it. You can see the 2 pieces in my picture. The color of the coraline is actually a bit darker than in the picture.

Vitaly
10/23/2006, 03:40 PM
The torch coral is the creature that is living in the far right (front) of your tank...in the gallery picture? It has a sweeping/flowing appearence in the image?

I have read the torch can be somewhat difficult to mantain and that it can sting. Did you see any of your livestock show signs of stinging/trauma from the torch?

Is the dinosaur rock the piece of rock that is beneath the torch...just slightly down and right from it? I am just trying to get a sense of its shape. How big would you say it is...baseball, softball, bowling ball ;-)

Thanks Jon...

Brooklyn8
10/23/2006, 04:22 PM
The torch is the small purple-teal coral right above the dinosaur rock on the bottom of the tank. Both pieces of dinosaur rock are about a lb or 2 a piece, and are slightly larger than a baseball.

While it is true that torch can be more delicate than other corals, I have not had a problem keeping it. In fact, I had it in a 2.5 gallon pico tank for a few months. I suppose it could sting a non-stinging coral that is in contact with it, but as long as your other corals are like an inch or two away, there shouldn't be a problem. Or you could just keep it at the top of your tank, above the other corals.