PDA

View Full Version : And the Marine Depot Live saga finally ends

IslandCrow
10/16/2006, 09:48 PM
Well, I'm finally through with Marine Depot Live. For those of you who hadn't tuned in to the previous installments, James and I went in on an order for a copper-banded butterfly, a small gold striped maroon, and a yellowtail fang blenny. UPS crushed our initial delivery, but no fault of Marine Depot, except the only reason I found out was because I happened to call because I never got an email with the tracking #. So, no real big deal. That was Friday, and they said they'd have a new order shipped out for Saturday delivery. Saturday came and went, and when I called on Monday, they said they'd screwed up and would get the delivery out that day for Tuesday delivery. It did score us free delivery, so I wasn't complaining yet. Well, our fish finally came in Tuesday evening around 7:30 (UPS sucks!). James' CBB looked good, but my GSM looked rather larger than advertised. . .must be the curvature of the bag acting as a magnifying glass I rationalized. The blenny also looked much less colorful than I'd expected. So, when I realized my GSM was indeed as large as it appeared, I gave Marine Depot a call the next day, asking for another one the correct size, since I was trying to pair it with my current maroon. And thus the saga begins. . .

They agreed to send me a new clown of the appropriate size. That evening, I took a really close look at the blenny they sent me, and realized that it was definitely not the one I'd ordered. I wrote them an email to which they basically replied that they'd already sent out my new maroon, and would refund me the money for the blenny, but had no intention of sending me the correct one. OK, fine, could be worse. . .and then it was. . .they send me another maroon that's the same size as the first one! I'm sure you're sick of reading by now, so I'll cut to the chase. After nearly a month of going back and forth with them trying to get my order corrected, I finally had to call an end to it today and demand they refund me the price of the fish and I will never order from them again! This has been by far the worse ordering experience I have ever had from an online company of any kind.

So, if you ever get a chance to order fish from Marine Depot. . .don't!

Mr James
10/16/2006, 10:29 PM
I won't. There are too many fish businesses out there to order from. LiveAquaria is one of them. I am sure there are others. I'd forget about MD and move on to someone better, like Fish Biz.... Oh, bad joke, I'm sorry.

I am going to be looking to place another order for some Anthias if anybody wants to save on shipping. Probably in the next month or so, before it gets tooooo darn cold to safely ship fish, IMO.