PDA

View Full Version : MBRK is going down

SueQ
10/15/2006, 09:21 AM
Mobile Bay Reefkeepers Forum will be going down in the VERY near future:( If any of you have contacts, emails, or other info on your accounts there you might want to go and grab them before Kevin pulls the plug.
The good news is that another one of the MBRK members will be starting up a site:)
Details here:
http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?t=3849

TheGriffin
10/15/2006, 06:15 PM
I was pretty bummed to hear the news. I have been a frequent visitor there for well over 2yrs. That’s really where I use to go the most for advice and information. Hopefully the next will carry on legacy.

Phildirt
10/15/2006, 07:54 PM
Looks like it’s staying up now. Just checked.

After carefull consideration and many emails, pm's asking for the board to stay up I made a decision to keep it running. I honestly did not think people really still cared to have it around. I do understand as people said, this is the only place local to really correspond.

Bkndsdl
10/22/2006, 09:53 AM
stupid keyboard............:D

GARs Online
10/22/2006, 10:07 AM
Everyone,

While MBRK is staying up, the new local area reef club, Gulf Area Reefers, will still be set up. Monies were appropriated when the MBRK site was going to be shut down, so we're just going to continue on with setup of the club. We're not trying to be in competition with MBRK; we just want more of a club setup instead of forum only.

The website is still under construction, but you can visit it at www.gulfareareefers.com. We should have a forum on Reef Central very shortly, and I'll post when it's online.

We're going to be a free membership club. We like the way you guys have been operating 'pro bono', so we'll try it too!

We plan on getting a local e-newsletter going, so stay tuned!