PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Thanks!

Rovert
06/22/2002, 06:19 PM
Just wanted to say THANKS for a great time. Looking forward to the next one!

bahrhoops
06/22/2002, 09:06 PM
Thanks Brian for a swell time !

Ed and JimRoth I'll put you on the "I owe you " list for the macros,critters and sand. The only thing better than a diverse reef tank is a diverse refugium. I'm sure Malcom would agree :D

John I meant to get you some $ for the bit before I left but I kinda forgot, I'll call you about it this week

see you all soon - Steve B

zenya
06/22/2002, 10:39 PM
Like to add my thanks as well to Brian and Connor for great BBQ.

Gene.:thumbsup:

PS.How ruud of me,almost forgot to say thanks to the shef Joe(Lago).

Aquariust
06/22/2002, 11:06 PM
Brian, thanks for a great day! Your tanks setup is truly amazing! That 180 is mesmerizing! Can't wait til my 150 is up and running. I wish I had a basement!!! I love BBQ's:)

Lago, even though I didn't eat anything, I'd like to say thanks for being our chef! Next time, try and keep your arms out of the fire though:) Luckily, we're never in short supply of water (salt that is).

Steve, I'll get the info on the bit this weekend. Give me a call Monday night. I'd call you, but I had my long distance turned off.

Robert, thanks for the shrooms! They've opened already!

Jim, thanks for the halimedia, xenia, and Yellow polyops. All are doing great! Also, thanks for the computer fans!

It was great seeing all of you, and I can't wait til next month.

Ken you're still hosting right?

I'm sure I'll see some of ya's at Ice cap on saturday, I'll get the info then email to the topica list.

Have fun, and good night,

-John

Fazm79
06/23/2002, 12:06 AM
Brian once again thanks for another great BBQ. I guess there was no waterfight this year =P

Also Ed thanks again for the coral. Hopefully it will recoup under the Halide.

miktrav
06/23/2002, 02:42 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great time. I'm looking forward to the next meeting. Your tanks are great Brian.

Dave, thanks for the Brown Monti. It's settled in and I've place ti in an area near the top of the tank mounted into a hole in my LR.

I'm not sure who gave me the Green Star Polyps but thanks,

Mike

Aquariust
06/23/2002, 07:22 AM
Jim is the GSP man Mike...

BORECKI
06/23/2002, 09:44 AM
I got stuck with a boy scouts troop campout at the Philly zoo/Camdam aquarium. Looks like i missed out on a great meeting.
John I'm still holding that encrusting gorgonian for you. It has a few pollips out, but I see no sign of growth at all.
Robert I'v put togheter a working model of that water distributor out of plastic plumbing parts ans epoxy resin. If we can get togheter at the next meeting I'll show it to you.
Boris.

jimroth
06/23/2002, 10:19 AM
My thanks too, Brian, for hosting. I am very interested in how our coral color experiment comes out. Please permit me to bug you about it in a month or so...
John, those green zooanthids look great! Thanks Dave for the Caulastrea, finally a chance to try some of that stuff.
See y'all next time!

forbze16
06/23/2002, 12:19 PM
Thanks Brian. Robin and I appreciate your hospitality. And to the chef Joe (Lago)- good wings.

Mike (miktrav), you're welcome. Good luck with it.

Jim- You're also welcome. I really like the stuff. Hope it takes hold. The feeder tentacles that come out at night are cool to watch. And also thanks for the Monti (both orange and yellow).

Good to see everyone again.

So where's the next one :D

Dave

EdBurhop
06/24/2002, 08:16 AM
I would like to add my thanks to Brian for a great party and cookout.

Thanks to Jimroth for the pulsing Xenia - it really pulses.

I can't remember if it was Forbze or Aquarist who gave me the blue shroom. It is doing well.....

Looking forward to the next one.

When is it KEN??

Lago
06/24/2002, 09:43 PM
Many thanks to Brian for a great get together. It was nice to meet all of you finally and pick your brains in person! For anyone who cares it looks like the hair on one of my arms is starting to grow back already. I hope to have both arms, beard, and eyebrows fully recovered by the next meeting. That's one heck of a hot grill you got there Brian!

--Lago

ATLANTIS
06/25/2002, 08:37 AM
I am glad you folks had a good time.

I am sorry that the BBQ had to be cut short.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and a special thanks to Joe Lago for handleing the grill work which allowed me to do a little hosting..... and eating :)

Jim, the youngie is already a bright green in my tank.... just kidding :p

You can also check out the limited BBQ Pics (http://www.atlantisaquatic.com/bbq_2002.html)

Malcolm_C
06/28/2002, 08:30 AM
Thanks I had a good time, your set up is the ****!!

Ps

What type of sausages did have at the BBQ again.

EdBurhop
06/28/2002, 08:52 AM
I brought the sausages. They are German. They are called Bratwurst or Brats for short. You can get them at the Grocery Store.
There are 2 brands to buy, Bob Evans or Johnsonville. Johnsonville is the best. Do not buy the Bratwurst that is white in color, it sucks and is not the same thing......

It is John Maddens favorite food!!

The midwest was settled by Germans (as opposed to all the Italians in New Jersey). So when I grew up there, that was what we ate instead of Italian Sausage. Bratwurst is milder and I think better. I will have them at the pool party in August.

Ed

Lago
06/28/2002, 09:37 AM
Actually, it depends on which sausage you ate at the BBQ. Jim (MiNdErAsR) brought real (Italian) sausage that were also very good. There were 3 kinds; sweet, hot, and parsely(?) I think. As to which kind of sausage are better is of course a matter of personal taste. Let's just remember that Bratwurst were meant to be eaten only in October AFTER copius amounts of Weiss bier....Nuff said.

--Lago

EdBurhop
06/28/2002, 11:12 PM
oops, I did not mean to imply that I did not like Italian sausage. It is also very good. Those of us that are of German decent do not like to discriminate when it comes to food, we like it all....

BTW, Bratwurst are a year round treat, just best during Octoberfest, or even better in the parking lot at Lambeau field before watching the Packers trounce another unsuspecting victim.

Ed