PDA

View Full Version : The time has come - system for sale

dxtr
10/11/2006, 08:36 PM
well, with the impending reality of moving to S. Florida I would like to offer up my complete system to anyone that would like to purchase it.
I am asking $5000.00 for the ENTIRE set up. (Total invested is over $8000.00)
100 gallon closed loop tank, stand, canopy, 4-110 vho, 2-175 mh, icecap fans, 20 gallon sump, nautalins skimmer, mag 12 pumps, DIY fuge, 75 gph RO/DI, 40gallon gravity fed resivoir with top off in sump.

This is an excellent system. With the entire purchase you ill also get the following items:
Refractometer
extra ro/di filters
20lbs of carbon, filter floss for sump
some test kits and anything else I have laying around

Livestock included in the $5000.00 pricetag is listed below.

I am offering this scenario up fist if there is someone out there looking for a great deal on a complete set up at a great savings!

If I do not sell the entire set up as a whole, then I will host a "Bring your Buckets/Bring your cash" party at my house and I will sell everything IN the tank to make sure they have a good home. I will then keep the tank, stand, canopy, etc. for restarting in my new town.

Livestock list is as follows: some photos are in my gallery

140-150# LR (90% or LR has some type of zoas, shrooms, leather, softies, gsps, etc. attached to them.)

LPS and “Softie” Corals:

Toadstool leather:
Devils Hand Leather:
(2) Lg Colt Coral:
(3) Med GSP “Clumps”:
Frogspawn coral:
Hammer Coral:
Torch Coral:
Lg Xenia Colony Pompom
Tongue Coral:
Yellow polyps:
Green Sinularius:
(2) Kenya Tree:
(3) Acro Frags:
Mushrooms:
Orange Monti Cap:
Candy Cane Coral:
Cabbage Leather:

Live Stock:

Flame Angel:
Yellow tang:
Bi-Color Pygmy Angel
(2) Engineer Gobys:
Lawnmower Blenny:
Blue/Green chromis:
Domino Damsel
Maroon Clown:
G. Bubble Anemone:
Cleaner Wrasse:
Lunar Wrasse:
Phych. Mandarin:
Royal Gramma:
Long Spine Urchin:
Coral Banded Shrimp:
Blue Linkia Star:
Flame Scallop:
Feather Duster:
Sally Lightfoot Crab:
(2) Brittle Stars:
Emerald Crabs:
Cheato

Thank you for looking and considering. Take care.

TheGriffin
10/11/2006, 09:42 PM
We are all sad to see you go Brett. I wish you the best in south florida.

If you sell the whole thing are you going to take a break for awhile? Anyway, when it comes time to part out you know what I want:) :strooper:

In addition to the flame angle and blue linkia, I may also be intrested in the bi-color angle & chromis. Have you ever seen the bi-color pick at any sps's or softies? I wonder if he would get along with my purple tang due to color similarites?

Mr James
10/11/2006, 10:56 PM
Moving from one hurrican alley to another. I thought you were going to keep the hardware. It's an addiction. You'll move and do what I did. Sell everything. start up a freshwater tank. tear it down and buy a 180g reef tank and wish you had some of your old equipment. If you have a sale at your house, I'll bring cash and some beer!! Hmmmm, do you have any 175's for sale?? ha ha ha... I'm definitely interested in some livestock.

I gotta talk to you about south Florida some time when you have a moment. It's a business offer.

IslandCrow
10/11/2006, 11:30 PM
Hate to see you have to sell everything, but I'll of course be there if you have to sell it off piecemeal. Wish I could buy the whole thing off you, but I'll probably be in the same boat as you in another year or two.

SueQ
10/12/2006, 07:53 AM
Sorry to see you go Brett:( I agree with James, you might want to hold onto your equipment. You never know when you'll get the urge to dive back in, especially since you'll be in S.FL! A $13 rec. fishing in lic. and a day diving/snorkelling could stock your tank:D
With that being said, if you do part it out I'll be showing up with everyone else, cash in hand to help you out;)

dxtr
10/12/2006, 02:22 PM
you all are awesome, and I am going to miss you.

I will definately be getting back into SW in S. Fla, whether it's my 100g or a new tank. That all depends if I can seel my entire system.

Griff - the Bi-color did eat my small sand brain, however, that was the only casualty. He feeds very well, as do all the fish. He has no problems with my Yelloow tang and other livestock. He's about 2 inches long now.

James - you have my cell number, call me with ?'s about S. Fla. I lived in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area for 4 years before coming up here.

Everyone - dependng on the promotion, It looks like I'll be shooting for the buyit/take it party one weekend in December, or january.

Whatever is not sold will be donated to either the Gulfarium (if the tank is ready) or sold to Dave @ Aquaria.

Thanks again for the kind thoughts and I talk to you all soon.

SueQ
10/12/2006, 05:23 PM
Oh! Bring a bucket party in Dec??? Hey! If that's the case, I'll tell my hubby to hold off on buying me anything for x-mas and just have him do his shopping at your tank:D

In all seriousness, if that is the case, how soon can we call dibs on things? Don't worry Griff, I'm not going after the fish you want;)

Mr James
10/12/2006, 10:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8328846#post8328846 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SueQ
Oh! Bring a bucket party in Dec???

That sounds like a sweet deal. Maybe a Club Christmas Party/ raid Brett's house type of thing!!

Instead of dibs, maybe we can do an auction to help raise a little money for Brett on his way south!! Sound good??

SueQ
10/13/2006, 07:17 AM
An auction would be kinda neat:)

dxtr
10/13/2006, 03:29 PM
That's a great idea James. However, I would want each of you to get what you really want. I have to admit that I am sad that I will be parting with everything, however, it will be comforting to know that they are in good homes. :)

I think one weekend in December before Xmas is what I will be shooting for. So far no takers on the entire system (i didn't really expect someone to).

Have a great weekend all and I'll keep you posted.

dxtr
10/24/2006, 07:49 PM
bump for easy access to livestock list

Mr James
10/24/2006, 08:04 PM
Are you splitting it up now?? If so, I will do some shopping at your house whenever you are ready.

dxtr
10/24/2006, 08:11 PM
Aye, the time has come, with the holidays and my pending travel, see post below:

hey hey everyone! sounds like the meeting at Suzi's will be awesome. I will not be able to make it due to work obligations.

Not to Hijack your thread, but I'm gonna do it anyways..lol.

Looks like I will be setting up a definate date eiher the first or second weekend in December to get rid of everything. (except the equipment)

That said, i will be in town this Saturday/Sunday if any of you are interested in stopping by and picking something up "early". You can reach me via my cell phone at 850-418-2309 and I can get you directions. (or you can email me at hardtle@cox.net)

After that, you all are welcome to contact me to come over whenever. The get rid of it all in December willl be for whatever is left over that you all don't wish to purchase. It will probably go to Dave at Aquaria.

I would prefer to unload the soft corals and LR before the fish (for obvious reasons).

I don't think I will be able to hold a full blown "meeting" like I was originally thinking, especially with the holidays, all my pending travel, etc.

Refrence the list from my earlier post and you all can start listing what you would like to buy. I know you all will provide good homes to my cherished creatures.

thanks and i look forward to talking with you all.

Brett:(

gigi4539
10/26/2006, 10:05 PM
Dxtr,

Do you live in Pensacola? I am training for a Management position and am in Pensacola each week? If so I would be interested in stopping by to see what is for sale. Thanks!

Scott Serio

dxtr
10/27/2006, 10:05 AM
Yep, I live off gulf Beach Hwy in Pensacola. It looks like the club may be coming over to my home on Nov. 4th after their meeting to rape and pillage my tank! :eek1: :rollface:

You are welcome to join in

SueQ
10/28/2006, 08:40 AM
Brett-What's the price on LR and LS?

Mr James
10/28/2006, 08:41 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8426204#post8426204 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dxtr
Yep, I live off gulf Beach Hwy in Pensacola. It looks like the club may be coming over to my home on Nov. 4th after their meeting to rape and pillage my tank! :eek1: :rollface:

You are welcome to join in

Don't forget blunder and other nasty things!!

dxtr
10/28/2006, 01:29 PM
Suzi,

I'll throw in LS with purchases. The LR however, I am trying to figure out. Griff was just here and picked up some sweet things. He can tell you about the LR. Literally every chunk of LR has "things" growing wild on it. 125# of LR at $5.00/lb = $625.00 that is a hell of deal on this LR.

I'll prolly just make up $$ when you all pick what you want. =)

B

SueQ
10/29/2006, 09:17 AM
Oh Griffin told me all about the LR!! He said it was some of the prettiest rock he's seen, 100% covered in coralline!

hooker18
10/29/2006, 12:04 PM
wish i could be there. tony, if you see this grab me some stuff and ill pay you back later or talk to brandy about it.

Mr James
10/29/2006, 12:36 PM
Tony and Johnny, are you guys still here in town or some place else??

TheGriffin
10/29/2006, 01:47 PM
Guys, its like Suzi said, I haven’t seen any more beautiful colored rock! I'm almost tempted to take mine back to the store and go buy his. That way I don’t have to wait 2 yrs for it to look so good. He also has a bunch of awesome LPS, softies, and zoos. And they are BIG! Not just little bitty frags. *shush.. but he’s selling at frag prices..* The only thing that kept me from buying more was that I ran out of room in the cooler I brought! Awesome tank Brett and thanks so much for the awesome corals and deals! Everyone else...get over there fast!

lizfrog007
10/29/2006, 03:38 PM
i know it would not be possible for someone to get about $25. worth of this bounty and save it till we get back the next weekend, the 11th.....i hate to miss out on all of it......

LIZ

dxtr
10/29/2006, 08:19 PM
liz, there will prolly be some left, unless everyone comes over on the 4th and cleans me out. :eek:

SueQ
10/29/2006, 10:41 PM
Liz-
Let me know if there is something listed that you want. I can always get it and hang onto it for you if Brett needs to move it so he can move onto the next phase-fish eviction:) -Suzi

Mr James
10/30/2006, 08:28 AM
Liz, I can deliver it to you as I live the closest to you (and it will give me an excuse to see your tank and get my Blue PLanet DVD's back from you).

SueQ
10/30/2006, 08:00 PM
Brett-
Do you have any sea cucs or slugs or whatever they're called? Cleaner shrimp??
Suzi

dxtr
10/30/2006, 09:06 PM
2 sea cucumbers. one small "tiger" cuke has been with me for over a year and a half with absoutely no problems. he actually made the transfer from my initial 30gallon into the 100g.

the other cuke is about 4" long and approx. 2" in diameter. i think he is just a standard sand sifting type. both are very happy and healthy.

no cleaners left, unfortunately I found out too late that the Lunar Wrasse is very fond of shrimp, crabs, etc...:mad: :(

brett

SueQ
10/30/2006, 10:09 PM
Ok, save one for me? Wow, I'm going to have to take more $$ out of the bank! I've got A LOT for it to chew on:)

dxtr
11/01/2006, 02:09 PM
bump - address and contact info posted on the Nov. meeting sticky thread.

IslandCrow
11/02/2006, 12:19 AM
I'll definitely be joining the group after the meeting coming over to raid your tank. Fish I'm good on, but corals are always nice, perhaps even some of your rock if there's any left over (I don't really need much more, so don't save it for me).

Mr James
11/02/2006, 12:22 AM
I may get some rock, lord knows I could use some more. Maybe even some live sand and do a little more seeding.

gamillers
11/04/2006, 10:18 AM
What is left of your setup? What are the dimensions of the stand? How much do you want for what's left?

SueQ
11/05/2006, 01:08 PM
Brett-
Thought about it a bit more, go ahead and put me down for the last cuke. I might pick up some LR this time too.

hooker18
11/06/2006, 02:30 PM
james, i am some place else but i think tony is still around. hope everyones tanks are doing well.

Mr James
11/06/2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah Johnny, I kinda thought so. Good luck and be safe!!

SueQ
11/22/2006, 12:33 PM
Brett-
What's left in the tank???

dxtr
11/22/2006, 12:54 PM
hey all. Sorry so long, between last week in Miami, holiday this week, me fighting the flu, etc, etc, etc.

There is pretty much everything left from when you all were at my home last time. about 80+/- pounds of LR, same fish, livestock, etc.

I shoul dbe available next weekend if anyone is interested, or during the week after the 29th next week.

Happy turkey day!

TheGriffin
11/22/2006, 01:05 PM
Hope your feeling better Brett. Your wife wouldn't let me come over and play last sunday ;) I'll plan on comming over that weekend of the 2nd and 3rd to get the flame, bi, chromis, and the other cucumber if you still have it and Suizi doesnt want it.

DrHank
11/23/2006, 12:04 AM
Brett, I haven't met you yet. I just got involved with the group at the last meeting. Am working on a 110 FOWLR. A few corals mixed in but primarily fish. I could probably use some of your live rock if it isn't allready spoken for. Don't want to step on anybodys toes though so if it's not availible that's OK. Can come to Pensacola any weekend just let me know.

SueQ
11/23/2006, 07:20 AM
Griffin-
The cuke is yours:)

dxtr
11/24/2006, 09:28 AM
hey all. Let's plan on the 3rd, unless some of you can make it over to my home before 1pm on Saturday as my wife has a photo shoot and that means I'll be pulling daddy duty again...lol.

I would really like to get everything out by the 3rd, as it looks more and more like I'll be heading down south in early january.

I should be able to get the tank cleaned up by that time also.

Have a safe holiday all and see you soon. thanks

dxtr
11/29/2006, 09:13 PM
Hey everyone! change of plans. It appears that I will not be relocating to S. Florida as it is utterly unbelieveable how expensive it is down there. So I am staying in P'cola for at least another 6 months or more.

To all that picked up stuff from my tank - give it back! ha ha ha ha just kidding!! enjoy and take care of my little friends.

I will have to cancel all remaining orders as I can't bear having a bare tank. And the wife said I have to!!

If/when i do look to relocate, I'll post and do this all over again...lol

Mr James
11/29/2006, 11:02 PM
I'd certainly give you anything back that you wanted, but I now have contracted Red Bugs and my stuff won't be going out the door till I am safe. Do you need any phyto?? It hasn't touched the tank. ha ha ha...

IslandCrow
11/30/2006, 12:16 AM
Hey, Brett, want some frags to hold you over for another six months? Least I could do for all the stuff you sold us. I could certainly make up a nice mushroom rock for you, perhaps some acro frags, need any xenia? That stuff's still growing like a weed. You're not getting the rock I got off you back, though. That's been a perfect addition to my tank! Anyway, sorry to hear your plans had to change, but good to have you around a little bit longer.

60Cubed
11/30/2006, 12:33 AM
dude that suuuuuucks! who changed the plans on you and why? i would be ****ed! unless of course you did it to yourself!

SueQ
11/30/2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I've got some frags you can have, bug free too;p

dxtr
11/30/2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks all! It was my wife and my decistion not to go to Miami.

I think I am good with what I have left. My plan is to keep the minimal LR I have and I will buy 5 more chromis and 3-4 more Yellow Tangs. =)

Enjoy what you got and I'll be in touch with you all later.

Thanks again!