PDA

View Full Version : new ten gallon pictures! "stand and canopy" Tank is not set-up yet!

Rock Anemone
06/22/2002, 12:11 AM
I recently almost finished my canopy and stand, Hope you like them. They are not done and I still need to add soem finishing touches. The tank inhabitants and pictures, along with some info is all posted on my Aquarium Site. The link is in my signature. When you get there click on the Nano page.

Hope you like it!
Note: Is the hood to high???

lizbeth
06/22/2002, 12:38 AM
I can relate, I'm building a hood right now.

It looks good! It's kind of hard to say if it's too tall. Do you like it? If you feel it's too tall then now is the time to cut it down. It will look completely different once you get the trim on the top and bottom to cover the plastic.

The base should definitely have more support. I'd glue and nail blocks in the corners. I'd also add some trim around the bottom of the base to make it visually heavier.

Did you decide on a color? The wood looks very pretty.

Rock Anemone
06/22/2002, 12:47 AM
I kind of like the stripes on the wood, it was something differen't.. :) Yeah I plan on putting more support in the stand tommorow. The trip will be going over the plastic and on the bottom of the stand and top of the canopy... :) I was the color to pretty much stay the same, I will have to look around...

Thanks!
Rock Anemone

tyesmithND
06/22/2002, 12:59 PM
Rock,

Thats nice. If you are going to leave it with the nice wood look make sure you seal it with a couple coats because we all drip water a little when were cleaning etc..

Rock Anemone
06/22/2002, 03:07 PM
I got a nice clear finish which I will be adding on today... :) I didn't want the wood to look darker so I looked around for a clear finish... :)

Thanks!
Rock Anemone