PDA

View Full Version : Meeting and pictures

dsb1829
06/21/2002, 06:21 PM
Hi guys,

Just figured that I would put a post up today. I am not going to have the pictures up for a few days. Some of them turned out pretty dark, so I will have to doctor and format them before I post them up. A lot of great pictures.

I really had a blast just hanging out talking fish and whatever came up. Other than a minor fender bender this was a very possitive trip. Would love to get some more people together and do a weekend trip some time this summer. I am actually toying with the notion of a trip down to LA at some point as well, but I am sure I won't have to form a caravan. I will let everyone know when that is closer.

Anthony Calfo, what can I say? Good guy. Lots of fun to fish geek out with. I really enjoyed his company on the road trip and also got a kick out of his presentation as well. We just gotta help him tame that darn powerpoint presentation of his :D ;) :p . Personally wouldn't mind trying to get him back out again for another meeting next year. I think his second volume will be ready by then and I am sure he will have a lot of new ideas.

Check back in a day or two for some of the pictures that I mentioned.

:D

Tenner
06/21/2002, 08:21 PM
I second your comments.

I was very fortunate to be able to attend. Anthony did a great job, very interesting.

Thanks Anthony, look forward to your new book.

Matthew

anathema
06/22/2002, 02:48 AM
Great meeting, it was really informative.

Also thank you Doug for hosting the meeting. It was great of you to step up on short notice.

Anthony Calfo
06/25/2002, 02:44 AM
Thanks gang for a great time! As expected, I met wonderful and friendly people and enjoyed a lot of great discussion:D

Indeed, I will look forward to visiting again soon :)

A very special thanks to Doug for the hospitality tour of store's and a private tank locally.

It looks like I might make it back to Sacramento in the near future. I'll be sure to drive down and say Hi... and check in on Eddies Tropical Paradise :) I really liked that store. I wish him the very best of luck. It looks like he has great potential!

Best regards, Anthony

dsb1829
06/25/2002, 07:14 PM
You guys are welcome. I enjoyed hosting the meeting and really liked having some company on my trek around the Bay Area Stores. Probably won't drink as much at dinner next time :D . That way I can avoid calling people by the wrong name and making a general a.. of myself ;)

Anthony, If you do feel like touring a couple of other personal tanks when you are around next just shoot me an e-mail. With a bit more forenotice I should actually be able to line up a couple of other tanks worth seeing. You should have seen Tropical Paradise on Saturday. The place was nuts. He pretty much filled the two front tanks with a bunch of Walt Smith corals. Very impressive launch to his new store :D

BTW, I should be able to post some pictures this evening.