PDA

View Full Version : Sigh...livestock for sale

examiner
10/10/2006, 11:49 AM
Work and family matters have taken the toll, and it doesn't appear things will be getting better anytime soon. As a result, the tank is suffering so I think it's best for everybody involved if I take a break for awhile.

I would really like to do a bulk sale....everything in the tank to one person (or a group of people at one time). I have neither the time nor the inclination to parcel it out. As a result, I'm offering what I think is a pretty good deal.

It's a 58g tank, primarily SPS. A low alk event in the past couple months led to tissue loss on a couple pieces (the green slimer was hit the hardest, believe it or not), but everything has stabilized at this point. There's 15 or 20 SPS pieces in here, ranging from 2 inches to 10 inches, most of them somewhere in between. The vast majority of the SPS are completely healthy and show no signs of tissue loss. A partial list would include:

rose milli, green milli, pink birdsnest, green slimer, brown, purple and red montipora, elkhorn coral, baby blue staghorn, purple pocci, green monti cap, etc. ...

3 very nice zoo colonies (6x6 inches)...nice powder blue, orange/red and a large tonga branch totally encrusted w/ red/yellow....

odds and sods, there's a hitchhiker colony of mushrooms that keeps growing and is now probably 30+ shrooms, several random stalks of xenia, a few random chunks of green star polyps.

there's a healthy foxface and a pseudochromis....both have been with me for 18 months and show no problems. Some clean-up crew.

Probably 60lbs of live rock. Many of the sps are attached to the rocks, some are just on smaller golf-ball size pieces of rock. It's nice rock, but I am fighting a bubble algae problem (no other nuisance algae is evident, but there is a fair amount of bubble).

Move it to your tank, part it out and make some money, it's your choice, but I'd like to get $450 for the whole lot.

PM me here if you are interested, I can email you some pics. I won't part out the livestock, I simply don't have the time. I'm keeping all the equipment since I hope this is only a temporary hiatus. I'm located in the central part of Rockford.

Thanks for reading, good luck w/ your tanks.

auto_loader
10/10/2006, 01:55 PM
Sent PM

RobTop
10/10/2006, 07:09 PM
Mike, are you taking all? Want to split it?

SHowald72
10/10/2006, 08:26 PM
PM sent

examiner
10/11/2006, 07:58 AM
sent pix to Mike, talk amongst yourselves.....
Thanks everybody.

Swamp Donkey
10/17/2006, 12:47 PM
Did this sell?

auto_loader
10/17/2006, 04:51 PM
Its sold. I picked it up last friday.