PDA

View Full Version : C-sea October meeting

Kreeger1
10/10/2006, 08:57 AM
October 20th at the cleveland zoo in the primates building! 7:30 be there!
It will be a garage sale like last January's meeting--members can bring unwanted dry goods to sell. It seemed to be very popular last year--a chance to pick up some bargains and meet everyone.

This year is an added feature--the club will be selling off equipment that was donated to us by a local vendor that closed up shop in the late 90's. Three pickup truck/van loads of stuff that we are still sorting through. Lots of older ballasts (NO, VHO, MH), plumbing parts, RO unit filters, bioballs, acrylic pieces, base rock, etc. We are not exactly sure how we are going to handle this yet. I Members only sale, and I expect the prices will be very good. We may have to limit the amount any one individual can purchase (don't want to see a dozen ballasts on ebay the next day . . .). There is also a ~ 300g acrylic tank, used but in good condition, that we will be likely auctioning off.
All are welcome to come take part in the savings. If you've got something you'd like to sell post it here and maybe you'll gets some bites on it before the meeting. Hope to see lots of new faces
Erik
Check the website for directions. www.c-sea.org

Briney Dave
10/10/2006, 09:04 AM
Eric do you have to be a C-sea member to attend??

Kreeger1
10/10/2006, 11:09 AM
Nope, all are welcome! :)
Erik

Briney Dave
10/10/2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks Eric, Its hard to beat a good sale!!

For those of you who may not have been over to the Cleveland R/C site, it is one of the most active and lively in the state. There are many who are well into what I would call the expert range on their knowledge and experience in reef keeping. Plus they put up with me asking dumb questions all the time so they have to be pretty good guys.

I have never had time to make the long drive for a regular meeting but their swaps are first rate! I am sure this would be a trip worth taking even if you don't really need something specific.

my two cents (or what ever they are worth now)

Briney

Fish E
10/12/2006, 03:50 PM
Kreeger1, you should post this in our forums on our site. We have a forum set up for C-SEA. Just scroll down and you will see it.

Toledo Reef Aquarium Club (http://www.traccentral.org)

Kreeger1
10/12/2006, 09:00 PM
File not found when I clicked on that Fish E

Aquatic Aquaman
10/14/2006, 07:47 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8330150#post8330150 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kreeger1
File not found when I clicked on that Fish E

Sorry about the Club Website it is currently down I'm working on bringing it back up. Apparently we were hacked and I'm updating the server and webfiles to prevent this from happening again.

Aquatic Aquaman
10/14/2006, 10:18 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8338649#post8338649 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aquatic Aquaman
Sorry about the Club Website it is currently down I'm working on bringing it back up. Apparently we were hacked and I'm updating the server and webfiles to prevent this from happening again.

The website is back up and running. The forums all have been changed. I took away all of the club forums for the area since they were not being used and it took up space. All local club news can be posted in the Announcement section of the forums.