PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Random Aquarist
10/09/2006, 10:13 PM
Hey guys. I'm pretty new to this forum and glad that I found this club. I'd like to introduce myself. For the internet forum sake, my name is CCS. I live in Santa Margarita and attend Atascadero High School.

I've never kept an aquarium before, but have been studying and planning different aquarium scenarios for about a year and a half now. My dad has a few FW tanks, but he's really more of a fish "haver" than a fish "keeper".

Right now, I'm looking into a biotope reef. My idea now is to have a Fiji LPS tank, but I'm very prone to changing my mind. This is always due to finding out that there is something wrong with my plan. For example, I was planning a "reef garden" until I learned about the lighting difficulties that come with the creation of a "reef garden". I also learned that some corals in "reef gardens" are, in the wild, seperated by dozens of meters, which means that my "reef garden" wasn't very natural as I had wanted it to be.

My tank that I will be working on is an 86.4g tall acrylic. My dad and I get our tanks custom made by a guy up in San Carlos.

I am currently a member of Aquahobby.com's forums. There, my username's CCS. I will shop for most of my fish products at LiveAquaria.com and MarineDepot.com. I'll also use Aquatic Adventures for small purchases and the occasional livestock.

Well, I guess there's not really much more to say where reefs are concerned. See you on the boards.:fish1:

seanb
10/11/2006, 01:56 AM
Welcome, sounds like you are putting a great deal of planning into your tank. Congratulations! Just out of curiousity, what are the dimensions of your 86.4g?

Random Aquarist
10/11/2006, 06:20 PM
48"L x 16"W x 26"T

The guy is making me a sump right now too. If you want his email address, just PM me.:)

Shagsbeard
10/11/2006, 08:10 PM
Right over the hill from me... I live in Morro Bay, teach math at Cal Poly. Welcome to the group. Sounds like you have a great start on a tank. Keep us posted on your progress and if you have any questions.