PDA

View Full Version : OT- Anyone have a space heater?

Michelle L
10/01/2006, 08:36 AM
Hi all

Since my place is so small, I am planning on using my (attached) garage as a place to put a table & stuff at the meeting in October. In case it's cold that day, (which it probably will be) does anyone have a space heater that I could borrow that is big enough to warm a small 1 car garage?

Thanks!!

smorrow5773
10/01/2006, 08:54 AM
If you don't find anything else, I have a kerosene "salamander" heater you could use. It is noisy while running, but heats up very fast.

Michelle L
10/01/2006, 06:00 PM
Thanks smorrow! If I can't locate an electric unit, I'll take you up on your offer. I'll keep you posted.

JazzMann2
10/01/2006, 07:48 PM
Hey Smorrow, What BTU is yours? I have a bunch... I have one that is, I wanna say 85000, or 8500, whatever it is, it is small, and barely makes a hiss when running.. Will heat a small garage nicely, and may be a little more quiet then the ones we're all used to that would make you sweat in -30degree weather! Hope these cats wont mind a little kerosene smoke! Anyway, its there if you need it.

Later,
Jeff

LegoZ81
10/02/2006, 08:06 AM
I have a propane heater it will be just as loud as smorrow's though. Can't remember btu on mine but it will heat up a 2 car to 75F+ @ outdoor temps under 30F. Also it is adjustable so you would not have to keep cycling it on and off by hand.

Michelle L
10/02/2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the offers everyone! I think I have a lead on an electric heater, but I have to find out if it's big enough to heat the garage.

If it doesn't work out, you guys will be hearing from me.