PDA

View Full Version : phos-ban and medicating

coralfarmer
09/24/2006, 06:23 PM
Jeff,

I don't think it will make a difference if it is already in there, but if you haven't put it in wait till your done medicating. if it is already in the system take it out and when you are done put a new batch in.
Good luck
and keep on reefin'
James

jkreefer
09/25/2006, 12:34 AM
OK, i havent put it in yet, so i will wait till im done

coralfarmer
09/25/2006, 09:58 PM
Cool.

jkreefer
09/26/2006, 05:02 PM
After 4-5 days of medicating all my fish got rid of their ick except my pacific blue tang, his got worse and worse daily, so today i pulled him out (on my first try!!!) and put him in my quarentine bucket with a pump, heater, and a nice rock to hide behind and dose'd with copper treatment

coralfarmer
09/26/2006, 11:48 PM
Jeff,
Here are some questions & suggestions for the blue tang. if mikes tank is parasite free have him give you some water from it. tommorrow change out all the water and use the water from mike's tank to refill your quarantine bucket if it is not enough just make up the difference with new water. Than add the copper. The reason for removing all the water and using mikes is to try to eliminate any of the free swimming stage of the parasite and if you can rinse the quarantine bucket with freshwater before adding the new water that would be benifical.
If you can not doing any of what I suggested above.
At least give the tang a freshwater dip. use freshwater about 3 gallons, that is the same temp. and pH as the quarantine tank. place the fish in the dip for 3-5 minutes. This will help remove some of the parasites on the fish. I'm sure Mike knows how to f.w. dip a fish.
lastly invest in a good U.V. and add it to your quarantine system.
You can repeat this process in a couple of days remember do not add the fish back to the system for at least 3-4 weeks. thats how long the life cycle of the parasite is.

Hope this helps.

James

jkreefer
09/27/2006, 04:37 PM
Yes that does help...Ill do that tonight

jkreefer
09/28/2006, 10:57 PM
did the freshwater dip, and changed water and remedicated...looked really good before the freshwater dip...after some spots reapeared, but tonight he looks a bit less stressed and more comfortable

coralfarmer
09/29/2006, 01:21 AM
Jeff
Just keep the light off and make sure your copper is at the right level. You've been doing everything that can be done.
Do you have a U.V. sterilizer. They work wonders.
James

jkreefer
09/29/2006, 03:19 PM
no, but i just took a good look at him and he is happy, swiming around, and is eating so i think i will just make sure water perameters stay stable and wait it out for another couple of weeks