PDA

View Full Version : My first batch of eggs!!!!!!

coral monkey
06/16/2002, 07:53 PM
Hello all, My BC is holding eggs. He has this bulldog look on his face and I saw eggs in his mouth. How many days does it take till I see some babies? Will the new babies eat crushed flakes or do I have to hatch some brine shrimp? I have another BC in the tank, now the female hangs out with this one. Will they breed too even though she just delivered some eggs to the other male BC. How can I make a safe place for the babies to hang out because I don't think I can take them out when they leave daddy's mouth. Thanks.

FMarini
06/16/2002, 09:42 PM
Hi:
congrats on your first batch. I suggest you read the articles here
http://www.eparc.com/banggai/banggai.shtml
as they explain what you will be observing 21 days from now.

W/ that said, I would be remiss if i didn't tell you that IME males tend to abort the first batch of eggs, but not too worry as once your pair mate they should breed repeatedly monthly

As an aside you have also just learned that female banggais are promicious and will breed w/ as many males as they can (check out my '97 reefs.org article for this description), no worries the female will go back and forth w/ whatever male is available
great success.....
frank

Dman
06/19/2002, 09:15 AM
Coral Monkey
Very nice to hear about you being a new dad, hehe. I too have had my very first clutch of eggs, Gold-stripe Maroon Clowns. Laid on Monday night/Wednesday morning. I feel like a kid in a candy store!
Dman