PDA

View Full Version : Tank-mates...

jeff33436
06/16/2002, 05:00 PM
Hi all-
About to finish cycling my 55 gal. tank and start my first set of horses. Thanks for the tons of info and advice I have read here! Just curious if any of you keep other fish with your horses. I see a few have cardinals, but what else has been successful? Thanks and I'll keep you posted when I'm about to add my first seahorses. Thanks- Jeff

jeff33436
06/16/2002, 05:02 PM
Hi again-
Aside from fish, what about starfish, shrimp, and cleaners?

dwarfatize
06/16/2002, 07:37 PM
I've seen green chromis, pipe fish, peperment shrimp, cleaner shrimp, most types of gobies, ect... From my expirience you don't want many other fish in with your seahorses. If you do decide to get fish I would get dosile ones that keep to them selves. I keep 1 manderine gobby with my horses and they all have been fine.
Hope this helps
Dane

SeaNemesis
06/17/2002, 07:53 PM
All those fish are mentioned are fine. I think Bangaii Cardinals are wonderful tank mates. Just be sure when selecting a fish that you put it in a Q tank for awhile. seahorses do catch diseases for other fish especially salt water ich. When a seahorse does get ich, it is usually not apparent until it is to late. the normal visible indications that are obvious in fish are not with seahorses.

Airel
06/17/2002, 09:15 PM
Hi Jeff,
I personally have Sand Sifting Starfish, cleaner shrimp, Peppermint shrimp, Blue Fairy Wrasse, Midas Blenny and a pair of Red Scooter Blennies. I enjoy all of them!!!

HTH,
DeAnne:D

India
06/17/2002, 09:57 PM
Pearly Jawfish, firefish (purple or red)...

Crystal_619
06/18/2002, 01:35 AM
I had good success keeping green mandarin dragonettes. They are very lovely and like to stay hidden most of the time so they do not bother the seahorses. Many people say they need lots of live rock but I kept mine in a tank with no rock and they ate the frozen mysis that I fed to my seahorses.